Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, over a month ago now, I won an auction on eBay for Dead or Alive Dimensions. That was July 7, to be exact. The game still hadn't arrived by yesterday, so I decided to check to see what's up. I see it says next to the item, "This user is no longer registered". I was just thinking, wtf? Apparently a lot of people haven't been getting their items. He had loads of negative feedback. If I had seen that when I bought the item, I would not have ordered. But when I did order, he was positive. Weird. Anyhow, I opened a case on Paypal, and I hope I get my money back. It was $30 to be exact. It still sucks though. I was looking forward to playing the game.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I try and stick to Amazon when I can, though I've never used eBay before (and hopefully never will).

Hope you get your money back bro.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
prowler_ said:
I try and stick to Amazon when I can, though I've never used eBay before (and hopefully never will).

Hope you get your money back bro.
This has never happened to me on eBay. I've bought lots of stuff on there. I guess I'll have to be more careful now.

Yeah, thanks
smile.gif

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It pays to be cautious when dealing with anynomous parties in an online environment. One should always do their homwork and check out the repuration of anyone or any company they are considering doing business with online. Using the readily available resources on eBay or a simple Google search could have saved you from this loss. I hope you are able to get your money refunded. If PayPal refunds your money they are simply shifting the loss from you to them and the scammer has still benefitted. Consider this an educational experience.

One can learn from their own experiences or the experiences of others. I would prefer to let others take the hard knocks and share with me the lessons learned.

Thanks for sharing your experience here, if only one person is saved from a similar experience. you have done good.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt that he has any money left in his Paypal account, and no longer has a linked bank account, meaning your odds of a refund don't look good.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Generally ebay offers the scam protection. They refund your money and then expect the seller to pay them back.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the item have "eBay Buyer Protection"? Most items do, and if he scammed you, you can get a full refund through either his paypal or through a legal lawsuit.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
Slyakin said:
Did the item have "eBay Buyer Protection"? Most items do, and if he scammed you, you can get a full refund through either his paypal or through a legal lawsuit.
I'm not sure. I can't even check the listing, because it was removed as well.
Hmm... In that case, do you have the order number? Contact eBay, and give them the order number. They can check if it was under the jurisdiction of Buyer Protection.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully, the guy still has money in his paypal account. Otherwise, you are awol. Sorry to hear that, I hate when sellers scam people on ebay.

I'm a seller on ebay, but I tend to be honest with everyone...

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like it happened to me twice now...I bought a Sports Champions Playstation Move bundle, and it never came. Ordered July 19. I checked on eBay today, and the same thin happened. "User is no longer registered on eBay". *sigh* $90 lost in total with this and Dead or Alive.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
You think that's bad?

I sold $600 worth of high end PC parts to someone in Germany on eBay. I generally don't ship internationally but the guy said he was more than willing to pay the costs to ship internationally. I notified him that he may get hit with customs as I declare the full value and ship with tracking and insurance, he told me he didn't want that. I had him give me, in writing, that he is forfeiting the tracking and only wants $20 insurance so that it doesn't get slammed with customs. This way I would be protected.

Needless to say, he opened a claim a month later and said he "never got the items". I provided the emails stating he did not want tracking and insurance as my backup and that since he only wanted $20 insurance, I would refund him $20; but that wasn't good enough for PayPal. They told me I have to provide tracking information or else I lose the claim. I lost the claim, and the asshole got away scott-free with my equipment. I had to give him the entire $600 plus the shipping back. He knew what he was doing and how to play the system. After that I never shipped internationally again, and will continue to never do so.

PayPal doesn't protect sellers; they claim they do, but they really don't. Since you're a buyer, you'll be protected.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry bro, I've been through stuff like that before. You will get your money back. Paypal always sides with the buyer.

Not much you can do to avoid things like that on ebay though (Well, 'cept not using it at all xD)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1