Hacking I feel like crying... SD just died.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is working O.O

Other programs didnt work but TESTDISK IS WORKING :O

IM COPYING EVERYTHING
35127193bde204908537d753d108117f.png

STAY STRONG, MY DATA

Where are my saves located and what do I need exactly? What is the "Nintendo 3DS" folder for?
Well, no wonder you were running out of space.
All those CIAs are not required after installing.
The CIAs contents are copied and installed into the a subfolder inside the Nintendo 3DS folder.
The saves are also in there.
If you want your system to work the same, games installed and savedata, you should somehow restore your emunand (perhaps with emunand tool), and also copy that Nintendo 3DS folder into a new SD.

Also, that filer folder would contain whatever backups of saves you did using savedatafiler.
If you ever did such backups, that would really come in handy.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

MisterPantsEyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, no wonder you were running out of space.
All those CIAs are not required after installing.
The CIAs contents are copied and installed into the a subfolder inside the Nintendo 3DS folder.
The saves are also in there.
If you want your system to work the same, games installed and savedata, you should somehow restore your emunand (perhaps with emunand tool), and also copy that Nintendo 3DS folder into a new SD.

Also, that filer folder would contain whatever backups of saves you did using savedatafiler.
If you ever did such backups, that would really come in handy.
I had deleted all the CIAs, but the program still shows it there.

I stopped the copying process and restarted it, but this time not copying everything, but only the things I need.

So I need the Nintendo 3DS folder and the Filer folder, is there anything else I should copy?

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had deleted all the CIAs, but the program still shows it there.

I stopped the copying process and restarted it, but this time not copying everything, but only the things I need.

So I need the Nintendo 3DS folder and the Filer folder, is there anything else I should copy?
Nothing else I can remember.
Also don't forget to try and extract your emunand with emunandtool.

engine24

Trophies
XP
Country
Copy everything to your computer and make image of sd card just in case. Run program and issue command to restore partitions. You might be lucky to restore sd card to previous state

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
any issues with using more than 32gb i should know of?
It is more complicated to format in fat32 as standard Windows tools don't let you.
But you can use fat32format or other tools to complete the task.
I have been using a 64gb one and it works exactly the same.
I think there are no other issues than it being annoying to format in fat32.

Reactions: dimmidice

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It is more complicated to format in fat32 as standard Windows tools don't let you.
But you can use fat32format or other tools to complete the task.
I have been using a 64gb one and it works exactly the same.
I think there are no other issues than it being annoying to format in fat32.
thanks thats good info

MisterPantsEyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So all I did was copying the things from the corrupted micro SD, then formatting the SD and putting all files back in. Everything is fine now, emuNAND and the CIAs work. What is this about restoring emuNAND? Do I even need to do this?

And today I got my new card, a 64GB micro SD with an adapter, that should be big enough to store all my CIAs in it. My plan was to just copy everything from the old SD to the new SD, but apparently I need to format this with a special program? Why must it be FAT 32?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lovely exciting story of loss and redemption. It even had a lesson:

Back up shit you can't afford to lose, double back up shit you doubly can't afford to lose, triple back up shit you would die without.

We are all WAY to comfortable with our data storage devices, they are shitty and they break at just the wrong time no matter how unlikely it seems.

MisterPantsEyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well something isn't working now. I formatted my new SD to FAT 32 and copied all my data to that, but now when I want to access emuNAND, the 3DS sends me back to sysNAND or gives me an error message. What do?

edit: I can access the GW menu, but not emuNAND. What is wrong now? :(

Last edited by MisterPantsEyes,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well something isn't working now. I formatted my new SD to FAT 32 and copied all my data to that, but now when I want to access emuNAND, the 3DS sends me back to sysNAND or gives me an error message. What do?

edit: I can access the GW menu, but not emuNAND. What is wrong now? :(
It sounds like your SD card does not have an emunand partition. Either that your emunand is corrupted. Might have to create a new one from your sysnand again, if you haven't used emunand tool to back up your emunand before hand.

MisterPantsEyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sounds like your SD card does not have an emunand partition. Either that your emunand is corrupted. Might have to create a new one from your sysnand again, if you haven't used emunand tool to back up your emunand before hand.
How do I find out if my SD has an emuNAND partition or not? And if I have to create a new one, will all my installed games stay? I don't want to go through that pain of installing everything again.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I find out if my SD has an emuNAND partition or not? And if I have to create a new one, will all my installed games stay? I don't want to go through that pain of installing everything again.
Creating an emunand from sysnand will wipe everything off your SD card. You're going to have to copy everything off that SD card and put the data in a safe location for the time being. I would imagine that the emunand tool would detect if there is an emunand on your SD card or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol