I dunno... CoD:BO....

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bday is a few days after the release of CoD BO. I was thinking how much it would cost if I bought it pre-owned in the UK. I also want to buy a laser pen £5. My budget is £30 although i was thinking for me to buy WWE 2011 (as I want to play it. If the online still lags, then im not getting it), and my parents use their money to buy the game and the laser....

my question, which one should i buy?
Laser pen + WWE 2011 and buy cod in christmas
Laser pen + Cod and buy 2011 in chistmas
laserpen + one of the games and nothing in christmas...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
£30? You're gonna be outta luck even with a pre-owned copy. I've seen Metroid: Other M pre-owned in various places for £35 and that isn't even a wanted game.

D

Deleted User

Call of duty 7 will probably last a longer time than a wrestling game, Plus its best to get into Shooting games early so people don't have a really big advantage in terms of weapon unlocks.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
In my opinion Black Ops would last you longer than WWE, but if your budget is at £30, it'll probably take a while before you see a price for a Call of Duty title at £30. Hell, they're still selling World at War over in Canada new for $65. Your choice, but I'd go with Black Ops.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brandonspikes said:
Call of duty 7 will probably last a longer time than a wrestling game, Plus its best to get into Shooting games early so people don't have a really big advantage in terms of weapon unlocks.

CoD7? Hold the time machine son, we still need CoD5 to release before we get to 7. (WaW is unnumbered, MW2 was CoD4-2)

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
brandonspikes said:
CoD7? Hold the time machine son, we still need CoD5 to release before we get to 7. (WaW is unnumbered, MW2 was CoD4-2)
I think it is inaccurate to try to number CoD releases now. There are too many mix-ups (CoD4 was meant to be CoD3) that you should just stick to calling it by the subtitle, i.e. Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops.

EDIT: Just read, you want to buy Black Ops for £30? Dream on pal. Even preowned it will be £35-40 for quite a long time.

D

Deleted User

Hells Malice said:
brandonspikes said:

"Call of Duty: Black Ops (also known as simply Black Ops) is the seventh main installment of the Call of Duty series."
Call of duty 7.

You can number them based off the main games and it works out.
W&W can be called 5 and MW2 can be called 6.

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are looking for innovation, then WWE has changed a lot in terms of gameplay from what they have had in recent years. It also has extensive content creation tools so you will be playing it for a long time. DLC is also going to be released for the rest of the title's life. COD's formula hasn't changed much since COD2. Sure more people will play it, but I personally find playing the same game over and over to be pretty boring. If I was you, I would get WWE.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brandonspikes said:
Hells Malice said:
brandonspikes said:

"Call of Duty: Black Ops (also known as simply Black Ops) is the seventh main installment of the Call of Duty series."
Call of duty 7.

# Main installment =/= # in series
Games are numbered based on the NUMBERS ASSIGNED TO THEM. You can't just go off base and lable it with numbers it wasn't labeled with just cuz it was released in that order.
It just makes you look like a typical CoD fan (that's an insult far worse then you could ever imagine).

WaW can LOOSELY be called 5, but it's still not right in the end.
However MW2 can NOT in any way be called CoD6. They almost just called it "Modern Warfare 2" so their retarded fanbase would stop numbering their series improperly. Guess they decided against it in the end, bad move. They overestimated the intelligence of their crap fanbase.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Games are numbered based on the NUMBERS ASSIGNED TO THEM. You can't just go off base and lable it with numbers it wasn't labeled with just cuz it was released in that order.
It just makes you look like a typical CoD fan (that's an insult far worse then you could ever imagine).

However MW2 can NOT in any way be called CoD6. They almost just called it "Modern Warfare 2" so their retarded fanbase would stop numbering their series improperly. Guess they decided against it in the end, bad move. They overestimated the intelligence of their crap fanbase.

This.

Also, you`re lucky. Pre-order is $85 where I live.

2lazy to change my country icon, sorry >_

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Loz said:
My bday is a few days after the release of CoD BO. I was thinking how much it would cost if I bought it pre-owned in the UK. I also want to buy a laser pen £5. My budget is £30 although i was thinking for me to buy WWE 2011 (as I want to play it. If the online still lags, then im not getting it), and my parents use their money to buy the game and the laser....

my question, which one should i buy?
Laser pen + WWE 2011 and buy cod in christmas
Laser pen + Cod and buy 2011 in chistmas
laserpen + one of the games and nothing in christmas...

XD. If you're anything like me, who has played Smackdown 10 every week since it came out, then SVR11 is totally worth it. Believe it or not, I still get use out of it.

I don't think Black Ops is worth full price, just because I think Treyarch is crap. Personally, and I mean PERSONALLY, I'd do SVR11 and Black Ops for Christmas, depending on how much you think you'll use SVR. The third option doesn't have you looking forward to anything, so It's really down to which game you want to play more.

D

Deleted User

Hells Malice said:
brandonspikes said:
Hells Malice said:
brandonspikes said:

Call of duty 7.

Okay..*Sigh* Call of Duty 5 is Also Known as Call of Duty 5: World at War, W&W, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Is also known as Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2.

Call of Duty's numbers are based off the main installments only, the main reason why games like Call of Duty: Roads to Victory aren't numbered.

Let me tell YOU a FACT, They almost named it CALL OF DUTY 6 but they decided not to because Call of duty 5 was W@W and Modern warfare 1 was CoD 4.

Wikipedia "Modern Warfare 2 was originally referred to under the working title of Call of Duty 6."

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think if they are numbered they can be considered thus. Like GTA games...You had GTA 3, followed by Vice City and San Andreas. Later down the road came GTA4. I hate when games do this, but haven't really really whined about it.

There may be a Call of Duty 5 someday, who knows, but I consider World at War and Black ops spin-offs. Hard to explain, but I like my games numbered.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SubliminalSegue said:
I don't think if they are numbered they can be considered thus. Like GTA games...You had GTA 3, followed by Vice City and San Andreas. Later down the road came GTA4. I hate when games do this, but haven't really really whined about it.

There may be a Call of Duty 5 someday, who knows, but I consider World at War and Black ops spin-offs. Hard to explain, but I like my games numbered.
WaW and black ops aren't spin offs. Their main installments.

D

Deleted User

SubliminalSegue said:

If you know so much about GTA, then you would know why they are numbered,
The numbered games MAINLY take place in liberty city.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
SubliminalSegue said:

Cause Stories From Librerty City had numbers, right?

D

Deleted User

SubliminalSegue said:
brandonspikes said:
SubliminalSegue said:

Cause Stories From Librerty City had numbers, right?
Thats not part of the Main Installments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended