I ctr-no-time offset safe to use at any time?

themanuel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my New3DS a couple of years ago following the 3dshacks guide, including using no-time-offset. Everything has been working great, but I noticed today my 3DS was reporting 2031 as the date. After making sure I had not accidentally used my powers and traveled to the future, I proceeded to use the no-time-offset app to correct the date. Everything seems fine, except that Checkpoint would throw an error when trying to back up saves: "cannot create destination directory".

I ended up fixing it by deleting the checkpoint directory under the "3ds" directory in the SD card, but I was wondering:
  1. Whether this might have been caused by the date correction
  2. Whether the date correction might cause other issues when used arbitrarily like I did
Caveat: I did update the Checkpoint app today, but the updated version had worked before correcting the date. I mention it in case there is a convergence of issues clouding the situation here.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think so. You're supposed to use that, then correct rtc in godmode iirc. I don't think it will harm the system even if you use it later.

Reactions: themanuel

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you have to use the app you used or not. rtc takes care of things like time-dependent stuff so that you can't cheat by changing the 3ds time or something. I used both. godmode uses rtc time whenever you dump something. I don't know if that's the reason your clock was messed up. the 3ds clock and the rtc are not connected unless the battery dies afaik.

Reactions: themanuel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr