I am a n00b again, please help me!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Speakers92, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Speakers92
    OP

Speakers92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2015
    United States
    Hi guys I modded this particular wii about 6 years ago. Well about 3 years ago my little sister tried (or did) upgrade the wii. So for the past 3 years it has been collecting dust up until it gained my interest. I have emulators on it (snes, n64 etc) which work fine but my issue is with configurable usb loader which is not working. Please help me guys, I would love to give it life again!

2. PhoenixPlayzz

PhoenixPlayzz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Canada
    We would appreciate knowing perhaps how it's not working?
    Is it not booting games? The actual application? Not detecting games? This will help anyone that is attempting to answer your question c:
    Cheers C:

3. Antics

Antics Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2009
    United States
    Washington
    If an official update was ran against the system, more than likely your cIOSes have been overwritten with stubs. However, as Pheonix stated, without much detail no one can help you.

Can you still access the homebrew channel from the home screen, and if so, does it still load? If so, head on over to this thread, copy the app to your SD, run it, then give us the log that is copied over to the SD card. It'll give us a rough idea of your current state. Based on the timeframe though, I would recommend a fresh update, re-hacking from scratch, and a clean format of your USB drive with copies of all the newest apps/USB-loaders you would need -- if you don't know where you stand, you might as well sit down and start fresh. I've found its resolved more problems than it has caused in the past and in doing so, sometimes you can get something working that will benefit you in the end (such as NAND emulation, which was my jump.) :)

4. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    What is your actual problem? Backups not loading? Configurable usb loader not loading?