Hacking HWFLY eMMC error on Switch V2 after soldering it

palcamora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When I turn on the console, the purple led is blinking (normal I think).
After 2 minutes, the led turns into fixed red color. in hwfly firmware readme, it says somthing like eMMC error, but nothing more.
When the red led appears, the switch init with OFW normally, and I can use it.

Any ideas?
Thanks you

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
When I turn on the console, the purple led is blinking (normal I think).
After 2 minutes, the led turns into fixed red color. in hwfly firmware readme, it says somthing like eMMC error, but nothing more.
When the red led appears, the switch init with OFW normally, and I can use it.

Any ideas?
Thanks you
I think that may be either CMD, DAT0, CLK or emmc problem!
You need to check the diode values, probabçly, to see if anyone is off!
However, I didn't know it would boot into OFW!

palcamora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for your answer.
Can you tell me where can I find an schema of the location of the diodes?
Thanks you

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's doing a V2, not OLED. There is nothing to solder except the SP1 and SP2 points on the CPU.
Thanks for your answer.
Can you tell me where can I find an schema of the location of the diodes?
Thanks you
If it were me I'd reseat the eMMC connections and then inspect the SP1 and SP2 connections.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
He's doing a V2, not OLED. There is nothing to solder except the SP1 and SP2 points on the CPU.

If it were me I'd reseat the eMMC connections and then inspect the SP1 and SP2 connections.
Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't notice it was a V2. I think I wouldn't see it even if it was written in red!

palcamora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I have spend the whole day checking and ensuring the solderings (sp1, sp2), cleaning all the parts and cleaning and ensuring the emmc connection and I still have the same issue.

On debug console, it throws a "Diagnose status: BAD00124" error code when running "Diagnose single boot" or "Boot into SDIO handle"

I think that maybe it could be a faulty hwfly chip.

Thanks for your answers

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I have spend the whole day checking and ensuring the solderings (sp1, sp2), cleaning all the parts and cleaning and ensuring the emmc connection and I still have the same issue.

On debug console, it throws a "Diagnose status: BAD00124" error code when running "Diagnose single boot" or "Boot into SDIO handle"

I think that maybe it could be a faulty hwfly chip.

Thanks for your answers
Is that hwfly flashable?

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yes!
I also try to update the firmware successfully.

After the update, when I turn on the device, it start to "train" endless.

When I plug the usb for debug I force it to Boot, but then the problem is the same
We are talking about 0.6.2 version of the firmware, right?
I'm not sure I can be of any help. I did the update under Linux and using different tools and I think I also have a bit of a different output in terms of led blinking meaning. For instance, when I turn on the console, the mod chip blinks purple (as expected), then it turns green, but after a few seconds, the green turns off and only a very fast and dim red + blue colours blink. Barely can see them and I'm not sure the green turning off is expected, but the chip works (OLED here though).

I used method C described here and used OpenOCD + telnet to flash the firmware with a j-link clone programmer!

I described here my struggle.

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, guys. I'm having the same issue on my switch lite! I'm getting the boot loop while the led is flashing purple then boot to OFW when the LED turns red. Here is the video of what happened:-

Please help 🙏 😢 😭

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys. I'm having the same issue on my switch lite! I'm getting the boot loop while the led is flashing purple then boot to OFW when the LED turns red. Here is the video of what happened:-
View attachment 307479

Please help 🙏 😢 😭
Got any more details? Did it ever work? Did you do the install? What was the last thing that changed/happened to the system?

Without context I'm going to guess one of your solder points is bad. The purple should be a slow pulse, not a flicker or flash like yours. Inspect all the points and check for bad solder connections or solder bridges. I suppose another option is to carefully reseating the flex ribbons to see if one of them is the problem.

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Got any more details? Did it ever work? Did you do the install? What was the last thing that changed/happened to the system?

Without context I'm going to guess one of your solder points is bad. The purple should be a slow pulse, not a flicker or flash like yours. Inspect all the points and check for bad solder connections or solder bridges. I suppose another option is to carefully reseating the flex ribbons to see if one of them is the problem.
Thanks for the reply.

I check again with the LED, it's actually flashing slowly (like normal) probably it's the video's fps problem. I soldered once once before this and got solid red LED (with the black screen). Then I found out that its the bad soldering point. Then I de-soldered everything and accidentally damage the (sp1, sp2) ribbon cable.

I ordered another ribbon cable and re-solder everything (twice) and made sure all the solder points are good and got this. Is it possible the replacement ribbon cable faulty?

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for the reply.

I check again with the LED, it's actually flashing slowly (like normal) probably it's the video's fps problem. I soldered once once before this and got solid red LED (with the black screen). Then I found out that its the bad soldering point. Then I de-soldered everything and accidentally damage the (sp1, sp2) ribbon cable.

I ordered another ribbon cable and re-solder everything (twice) and made sure all the solder points are good and got this. Is it possible the replacement ribbon cable faulty?
Just an update on what's happening now. My switch is running perfectly now, able to boot into hekate and CFW.

I de-soldered everything and re-solder again, but when I de-solder I accidentally pulled out the SP1 and SP2 capacitors 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ then I tried to solder the chip on the board directly without the SP1 and SP2 caps and it works perfectly!

Will it be any problem in the long run?

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Just an update on what's happening now. My switch is running perfectly now, able to boot into hekate and CFW.

I de-soldered everything and re-solder again, but when I de-solder I accidentally pulled out the SP1 and SP2 capacitors 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ then I tried to solder the chip on the board directly without the SP1 and SP2 caps and it works perfectly!

Will it be any problem in the long run?
Do you have a picture?

Z3nmuron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys. As the post is already into the matter, I'll leave my plead here as well, lol.
Well, I tried installing a Hwfly lite, on my switch lite. But when I tried booting it the led on the chip would blink purple for some seconds, then change to red and shut down.
The switch wasn't even booting to OFW. When I tried testing with the multimeter on the diode scale, the caps on SP1 and SP2 were beeping on both sides. If I desold the flex cable the issue may go away, or the damage is already done?
But this is not all yet, while fudging and checking the soldering points, I accidentally ripped the cap that feeds the 3.3v to the modchip, and I'm in doubt about where should I scrap the board to try and jump it back, or if someone have a better idea, I'm all ears.
I'm leaving a pic of the two situations, any help will be welcome, thx in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20220521_143707.jpg
    IMG_20220521_143707.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20220521_143821.jpg
    IMG_20220521_143821.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 154

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended