ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

from G4TV.com said:
hulupluslogo62910.jpg
Access to Hulu has been one of the most demanded extended media features by gamers, compounded by rumors that the online video portal was working on extending onto additional platforms through a new subscription service. Those rumors were true. Introducing Hulu Plus.

Hulu Plus, rolling out soon to select users who specifically request a preview invite, will cost $9.99 per month. The company rolled out the first wave of content to justify the price tag, including being able to "watch every episode aired from the current season of top shows from ABC, NBC and FOX" and access to "over 120 seasons and 2,000 episodes of rich library content."

Current shows listed include The Office, Family Guy, Modern Family, House, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, 30 Rock, 24, FlashForward, Lie To Me, Dollhouse and more. Older shows with full series access include Arrested Development, The X-Files, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Quantum Leap, Ugly Betty, Legend of the Seekers and many others. An expanded list is here.

There's no mention made of access to movies, suggesting Hulu may be leaving that to Netflix.

More importantly, Hulu Plus is coming to a whole host of new platforms, first launching on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It's "coming soon" for PlayStation 3 and in "early 2011" for Xbox 360. Wii wasn't listed, but in the preview invite, Hulu asked if Wii was one of your Internet-connected machines, suggesting Hulu is at least investigating the possibility of bringing the service to Wii.

You can request an invite to Hulu Plus through this link.
Source

Hulu Plus official website
from G4TV.com said:
Microsoft-Comments-On-Hulu-Plus-Arriving-Much-Later-On-Xbox-360.jpg
The just-announced Hulu Plus subscription, giving users expanded access to television shows from several of the major networks, will be accessible through more than just your computer when it begins rolling out. It's coming to iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, too. It's coming to PlayStation 3 "soon," whereas it won't arrive on Xbox 360 until "early 2011." Why the delay?

Xbox evangelist Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb linked to a brief statement about Hulu Plus coming to Xbox 360 and touched upon one reason it wouldn't be coming to their console until next year.

"We’re working hard on creating customized experience for Xbox LIVE members, which means that Hulu Plus will be coming to Xbox 360 in early 2011," said Hyrb. "We are taking the time to ensure that the Hulu Plus experience for Xbox 360 is the best on TV, and like our other entertainment experiences, it will not be a port, but rather a custom experience that leverages the Xbox LIVE community features."

Hyrb also confirmed that like many other media-rich features added to Xbox Live (i.e. Netflix, Last.fm, Facebook), the upcoming Hulu Plus will only be accessible via an Xbox Live Gold subscription.
Source
from G4TV.com said:
from Joystiq
The entertainment options on Xbox 360 continue to grow. Today, Hulu announced that its new subscription service, Hulu Plus, will be available on Xbox 360.

We're incredibly excited to bring Hulu Plus and its amazing library of entertainment to Xbox LIVE. Hulu Plus joins our ever-expanding entertainment offerings on Xbox 360, which currently includes Netflix, Last.fm and Zune Video. Starting this November, Xbox 360 will also be the only console to deliver 3500 live sporting events from ESPN3.com.

Like ESPN, Hulu Plus on Xbox 360 will take advantage of the social connectivity possible with our 25 million member Xbox LIVE community as well as the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360. We are committed to delivering signature features to the Hulu Plus experience on Xbox 360, like controller-free navigation with Kinect and Xbox LIVE Parties so you can watch with friends no matter where they are. These are custom entertainment experiences for Xbox 360 that you can't find anywhere else. More details will be announced at a later time.

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Arg, Hulu Plus sounds like a awesome deal on PS3 (And othe platforms), sadly only for american users.
We seriously need something similar to this for the european users.
frown.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Yeah...I already pay for cable, and I get these networks without any extra fee. Why would I pay for this again?

Cox has MyPrimetime On Demand for shows that I miss...why would I pay for this again?

I pay for internet access where I can download shows I miss in full HD...WHY WOULD I PAY FOR THIS AGAIN?

EDIT:Oh, and not to mention they could make this free with Ads...Just sayin...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already shell out around $8 a month for Live, paying another $10 for this monthly is pretty stupid. I may as well just watch stuff on my computer or just pirate anything I really wanted to watch. Or buy a DVR.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I already shell out around $8 a month for Live, paying another $10 for this monthly is pretty stupid. I may as well just watch stuff on my computer or just pirate anything I really wanted to watch. Or buy a DVR.

QFT. I don't really watch TV anyway. I guess this would be kinda nice on a rainy day but I would never dish out 10 bucks a month on something I can get for free on the interwebs. There are lots of sites that stream episodes for free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging