Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.
I just pulled my Wii out of my closet after having not used it for a while. I already softmodded it and still have my SD Card with all my files and apps etc on it. This is a 32 GB Micro SD Card with an adapter. This worked perfectly fine the last time I used my Wii. Now I still had the homebrew channel already installed, so I plugged in my SD, made sure it wasn't locked, and loaded up the HBC. It didn't read it, so I took it out and plugged it back in. I restarted my wii. I formatted my SD card. I pressed one on the HBC and chose SD card and was greeted with one of those black error screens with lots of white numbers and stuff. I decided I would try to delete and reinstall the HBC and see if that would fix my issues. I decided to take my 4 GB SDHC card and put the banner bomb exploit on it and put HackMii Installer 1.2 on it. I clicked on the SD card icon on the main Wii dashboard, but it just froze my wii. I decided this all might just be an issue with SDHC cards on my wii, so I took a normal SD card and put the exploit on and the HackMii installer. It worked perfectly fine and loaded up the HackMii installer, so I reinstalled the HBC and then exited. I then put back in my 32 GB SDHC card and loaded up homebrew channel. Once again, greeted with nothing. I restarted and did all that again. And of course, once again I pressed 1 and tried to click on the SD Card option, and was greeted with the same black screen error message yet again. I have no idea what the issue is, if its just my wii, my SD cards, a software issue? I always get lots of help here and 99.9% my problem ends up resolved. Just for a quick recap on my hardware. Wii 4.1U, trying to use a 32 GB Micro SDHC with Adapter, and 2 Gb normal SD card that worked for the exploit, and 4 GB SDHC card that failed the exploit. I'm about to try to load apps and stuff in HBC with the 1 GB normal SD card. Any ideas or suggestions as to what I should do? Thanks you guys are the best. Sorry that this post is about the size of a novel.
Nate

Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*UPDATE TO EVERYONE HELPING ME*
I used my normal SD Card just now, and it loaded up the apps in HBC and detected them, so I'm assuming its a problem with the SDHC cards themselves. Any ideas on how to fix?
Thanks,
Nate

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think this is the problem, but try formatting your 32GB SDHC card in FAT32 with Panasonic SD Formatter.

PS: Also try writing shorter paragraphs.
The current era ADHD enhanced internet generation cannot finish reading a paragraph so long.

Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is the problem, but try formatting your 32GB SDHC card in FAT32 with Panasonic SD Formatter.

The current era ADHD enhanced internet generation cannot finish reading a paragraph so long.

Download link? Thanks

Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey I just made a rather interesting discovery. When I unplug my HDD and only have the 32 GB SDHC in, it loads up everything fine. Any idea on how I can keep both plugged in but still have it load everything up?
Thanks,
Nate

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just in case you still want it: http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/sd/download/
Anyway, if it works when you disconnect the HDD, it shouldn't be a formatting problem.
Actually, I don't have a clue what causes your problem.
Have you tried plugging your HDD in another USB port?
Or perhaps using an Y-Cable (maybe your HDD is power hungry).

Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case you still want it: http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/sd/download/
Anyway, if it works when you disconnect the HDD, it shouldn't be a formatting problem.
Actually, I don't have a clue what causes your problem.
Have you tried plugging your HDD in another USB port?
Or perhaps using an Y-Cable (maybe your HDD is power hungry).

I've used this combination of this SD and this USb before and it might be power hungry but I never had to do this. I'll try using another port and if that doesn't work I'll try the Y-Cable. Thank you for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1