• Total voters

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was going to go with Galaxy s4 until I saw prices, keep in mind I'm shopping for a unlocked phone there are pros and cons with both phones

Why I like/hate htc one:
Design seems like it'll last longer
Seems to have better Camera performance
Built in battery is a no for me
Front facing speakers
I can find it for low as $450 on eBay

Why I like/hate s4:
Design, even though it seems to feel plastic cheap
Software
Removable battery, I Think the HTC One has a external SD card slot
TouchWiz
IR for remote control

So looking for opinions please.
I don't really feel like paying $600 + service time for a phone so I'll probably go HTC one, but before I buy just thought I'd ask around as some of you know I've been asking for a while thought a poll may make me decide better.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would choose neither, I like me some soft buttons and not capacitive/physical. SenseUI is apparently not too bad compared to Touchwiz, although I personally don't mind either, as I'd probably root and flash a custom ROM anyways. If storage is a big thing for you, and a removable battery is a must, S4 definitely. I don't care too much for camera, they both seem alright to me, although here's some pics for comparison.

If you don't really need extra storage space, a removable battery, and hate the physical home button on the S4 like I do, I think the HTC One is just fine. Otherwise, there's always the Motorola X Phone coming out pretty soon. The phones I am currently deciding on are the Moto X and the Xperia Play, since the Moto X seems to be affordable and battery life is supposed to be good, and the Play has a gamepad for me to use with emulators.... If there is ever news of an Xperia Play 2, though, I'd give Sony all of my zeni.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would choose neither, I like me some soft buttons and not capacitive/physical. SenseUI is apparently not too bad compared to Touchwiz, although I personally don't mind either, as I'd probably root and flash a custom ROM anyways. If storage is a big thing for you, and a removable battery is a must, S4 definitely. I don't care too much for camera, they both seem alright to me, although here's some pics for comparison.

If you don't really need extra storage space, a removable battery, and hate the physical home button on the S4 like I do, I think the HTC One is just fine. Otherwise, there's always the Motorola X Phone coming out pretty soon. The phones I am currently deciding on are the Moto X and the Xperia Play (MAKE A PLAY 2 DAMMIT).

Which phone are you using then? The Active has physical buttons

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which phone are you using then? The Active has physical buttons

At the moment, I'm stuck with a flip phone with Sprint. Had a Galaxy SII but my dad was having job issues at the time, so we had to go with dumbphones. When my contract is up in February, we'll probably go with AT&T, and I'll have to make my final decision then.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I moved from a SGS2 to a HTC one and have been really happy with it. The dual front facing speakers are excellent as I watch quite a few videos and play a lot of games on it.
I was going to go S4 but TBH none of the new features really interested me where as 'front speakers that you can actually hear' was a good selling point.

The camera in the One is lower resolution (4MP vs 13MP in the S4), but there is far more to the quality of a camera than the resolution. The actual camera sensor in the one is bigger than the S4, despite it being lower resolution. This means that the size of the sensor for each pixel of the image is considerably larger, meaning it lets more light in. This allows you to take much better photos in low light conditions than most other cameraphones.
Unless you plan to have your photos blown up and printed at a large size the higher MP rating of other cameras does not give much of a benefit and cramming the extra resolution into a small sensor means more noise.

The one has IR (the power button on top is an IR emitter), works well to controll my sony TV with simple setup.
The standard model of the one does not have an SD card slot, so your limited to inbuilt storage. There is another version that does, but its not stocked in Australia.

The S4 also has several models. The 4G version has the same CPU/GPU as the One, although slightly higher clocked. The 3G version of the S4 has a different exynos CPU and a powerVR GPU that is a little better.

I'm very much not a fan of HTC Sense or Samsung Touchwiz GUI modifications, so I've always used a custom launcher (ADW Launcher EX) on the S2 and One. It's very customisable and if you wanted to go further you could always install a different ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A couple of meth heads chained to a treadmill and a generator clean reliable power for days