Kraken64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just installed CFW on my PS3 and stuck as to what do now.
I have been using modded PSP's and PS Vita all on CFW and know what I am doing with them but this is the first time I have modded the PS3.

It is a Slim model CECH25xx which was on OFW 4.84, I ran HFW to get to CFW using Rebug 4.84.1 REX.

It seems that some PKG files work and others don't? For example Multiman PKG installs and works but the particular ones that I want which are emulators such as FUSE-Spectrum emulator and Cap32 install but when trying to run they just go to a black screen and return me to the XMB. Do these need to be resigned or are for firmware 3.5 only? If resigned, how do I do that?

Also, how do I copy a disc to an external NTFS hard drive? I have copied three discs to my internal HD but there doesn't seem to be any option to copy to external drive. I don't have much space on the internal drive and I have a lot of disc games. Do I have to use a fat32 drive? I have Prepntfs installed on the PS3 but can't be sure if it actually works. I don't have any way of putting an ISO on the NTFS drive.

Also is there any way to run a disc ISO from the XMB (just like the PSP or Vita) rather than going through MultiMan or ManaGunz? Am I right in thinking these just mount the ISO like a virtual disc? Do PKG files only run from XMB?

Basically what I want is to be able to run the emulators and a means of running ISO's of my disc games (a mixture of PSX,PS2 and PS3) from an external HD.

Thanks.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use FAT32 for your external. NTFS will just give you problems. If you choose folder format all of the individual files will be under 4 GB so you won't have any issues.

Best way to use XMB to load your games is use sman, I use it it has XMB integration and you also can go into system settings and set Autoload disc to on so you choose your game and it will just load it. Just google sman psx-place.

sman_xmb1-jpg.2220

I don't know about the emulators I don't really use emulators on PS3.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Kraken64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, formatted to FAT32 and now recognising external drive. Just need to figure out how to get emulators running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson