OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a wired xbox 360 controller on the wii?

I don't mind if it's via a converter unit of some kind that i need to buy.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be possible if there were a CIOS that were made to handle the input but I doubt one will ever exist. In order for there to be any hardware to act as a middleman there would still need to be a CIOS if it were going to work via USB (which would make no sense whatsoever) and even for the GC controller ports there would be the majority of games not being supported since very few have native GC controller support. So the only feasible piece of hardware would be one that took the input from the 360 controller via USB and sent it via BT to the Wii. It is highly doubtful that anyone will ever attempt to do this to make as an end user product simply because the cost of developing it vs the amount of possible sales is very poor.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
You can buy an adapter where you can plug in a Playstation 1/2 controller into it, and it plugs into the Gamecube port, that's as close as you'll ever get to an Xbox controller...

mugbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah thats a shame - I have a arcade stick I wanted to try out with Tatsunoko Vs Capcom but its designed for the 360 (it's a HRAP EX).

Thanks for the quick replies
smile.gif

mugbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm. I think that the key here is that on the pc there are many programs/drivers to allow easy use of custom joysticks/pads.

On the wii not so much.
frown.gif

I really wish my programming skills were up to the task of writing a cios but sadly they are not even close.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi