Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so here's the story. I installed preloader and saw that it came with lots of options (like starfall, but more). However, I did not want to touch them yet because I had starfall hacks on. When I went to starfall to remove those hacks, it gave me an error -101 and then said exiting. I can only assume this was preloader's work. Before I had jumped to conclusions, I used ios downgrader & cios downgrader but it still didn't work. So now what I want to know is how to uninstall preloader for now, to use starfall. I read that you can use any region changer for this, but how? Please help. Thanks.

CopyCaet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
For as far as I'm aware preloader can be uninstalled by re-installing the system menu.. which you already did with cios downgrader. So preloader should be gone already. Only it's hacks and settings should be still in the nand but I dont think those conflict with the starfall hacks. Anyway, you can remove those by running the hack remover that's posted in one of the preloader topics. You should try that.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tgames said:
Just install with Wad Manager the SystemMenu-v290.wad.

And the preloader is uninstall !

You might wanna be careful telling people to install 290.... his flag icon says he's in the US, which means if he installs 290, he'll have a bricked Wii...

US = 289

UK = 290

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NO. It shouldn't let you do that anyways, but still. If you did somehow manage to delete the system menu, you'd most likely end up with a paperweight of a Wii.
Just INSTALL the appropriate .wad and the current sysmenu files will be overwritten.

Though cIOS_Downgrader should've accomplished the same thing no problem...

jd506

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
kedest said:
one thing i was just thinking about..
so preloader renames the system menu and takes its place. If you want to delete preloader, you just reinstall the system menu. This will overwrite preloader. Makes sense, ok.
But what about the renamed system menu file? Is it still there then, like are there 2 copies of system menu then?
I want to know too. Because after installing preloader and then reinstalling the system menu I have atleast 1500 less blocks
frown.gif

Can anyone confirm this? What does preloader rename the 'hacked' system menu to?

Is there any software available to delete it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...