Hacking How to transfer games

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have SX OS, what would be the quickest and the easiest way for me to transfer games from my laptop to my switch without having to boot it? I have FTP is an option but it is so slow, any other way?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without having to boot it as in turn on your Switch?

Then take the sd card out, load the game on it, but you still have to boot the Switch after. What are you talking about. The answer is no way.

If you're willing to turn on your Switch which uhhhh is required, then you can install from usb many different options to do this.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Without having to boot it as in turn on your Switch?

Then take the sd card out, load the game on it, but you still have to boot the Switch after. What are you talking about. The answer is no way.

If you're willing to turn on your Switch which uhhhh is required, then you can install from usb many different options to do this.

Thats what I meant, without having the need to re-boot my switch. Like right now I'm in CFW, how do I switch out games without having to take the SD card and turn it off?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda don't know what that means? Is that a name of a software or a method? Any links to tutorials on youtube?
It means the quickest way to move games from your computer to your system would be to install them over a USB connection. You can use blawar's Tinfoil and NUT for that.

Reactions: Krazyeye

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It means the quickest way to move games from your computer to your system would be to install them over a USB connection. You can use blawar's Tinfoil and NUT for that.
Ah shit I do remember messing with that but unfortunately for some reason I couldn't get it to work.

Do you know if I do SFTP to switch if its ok for me to let the switch go into sleep mode?

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
My method of choice for installing nsz and xci in SXOS is USB drive method. You can use both; thumb drive or external usb hard drive. Setup for folder /sxos/nsp, /sxos/nsz, /sxos/update, /sxos/dlc, and /sxos/xci. You should be able to access USB drive in SX Installer. Did I mentioned it's pretty fast?!

Last edited by Krazyeye,

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
My method of choice for installing nsz and xci in SXOS is USB drive method. You can use both; thumb drive or external usb hard drive. Setup for folder /sxos/nsp, /sxos/nsz, /sxos/update, /sxos/dlc, and /sxos/xci. You should be able to access USB drive in SX Installer. Did I mentioned it's pretty fast?!
using the SX installer, can I move the game from the USB drive to my micro sd card within the switch?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah shit I do remember messing with that but unfortunately for some reason I couldn't get it to work.

Do you know if I do SFTP to switch if its ok for me to let the switch go into sleep mode?
If the Switch goes into sleep mode, it will interrupt the process. USB installs are the way to go. Or, you could just install the games over the internet using HBG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol