Homebrew Question How to split rawnand.bin backup for fat32 ?

Griizly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all,

Couldn't find any thread about it so I ask the question here :
I have a rawnand.bin ( 32gb ) that I want to split in order to restore it with hekate, what tool do I have to use ?

Flocki1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why don't you format your sd card to exfat and copy the complete file to it? If it is only for restoring, it is much easier.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hekate has an exfat driver built in, regardless of if your version of Horizon has the support installed or not.

So for backup/restore purposes only - yes, just format your card to exfat. :) (Get a 32GB sdcard for that, they arent that expensive anymore.)

Its easier that way. :)

(fat32 is prefered for your "normal sd card", because it proved less prone to data corruption than exfat. (With Nintendos file system implementations on Switch. Not in general.))

Nawor3565

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for necroing, but I didn't have a spare MicroSD card laying around and really didn't want to move everything on my SD card temporarily. Luckily, you can use 7-Zip to split the file:

1. Open the folder containing rawnand.bin in 7-Zip
2. Right-click rawnand.bin and choose "split..."
3. Input "2048M" for the split size
4. Once it's done, you'll need to rename the end of the files from ".001", ".002", etc to ".00", ".01", etc.
5. Restore your eMMC like normal

(Credit for these steps goes to Birb's Guide, click the link for more in-depth instructions)

Mewy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! The source link is down tho.
Sorry for necroing, but I didn't have a spare MicroSD card laying around and really didn't want to move everything on my SD card temporarily. Luckily, you can use 7-Zip to split the file:

4. Once it's done, you'll need to rename the end of the files from ".001", ".002", etc to ".00", ".01", etc.

(Credit for these steps goes to <removed due to new user restrictions>, click the link for more in-depth instructions)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

(Credit for these steps goes to Birb's Guide, click the link for more in-depth instructions)
That helped for me, thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup