The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello. So recently I got my New 3DS modified to have a capture card built in but the problem is there's no way to get the audio. Its youre standard Mirco USB to USB which goes into the computer but when I try something like stick a audio splitter or a AUX cable leading into my headset I get the game audio but a bunch of static. I record videos for my youtube channel so any help is needed posthaste.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a shielded 3.5mm auxiliary cable and plug it into your computer's line in port, or mic in port. If you have a keyboard with an audio passthrough, you could use that, but it'll have some static, but not as much as using a line in port.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dunno if it would work, but once, to get some music from my 3ds, I've used a cable with both ends a headphone jack, one connected to the pc and the other to the 3ds.
Then, I used Goldwave to record the music. Maybe you could do something like this...

Get a shielded 3.5mm auxiliary cable and plug it into your computer's line in port, or mic in port. If you have a keyboard with an audio passthrough, you could use that, but it'll have some static, but not as much as using a line in port.
Ninja'd.

Reactions: Magical Sheep
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
anyone know of a system audio recording program? Something where my computer where it will only record system audio? Preferably something I can use with X split?
Dunno what X split is, but I use Goldwave. Really good program, can record and do other stuff. It's not free tho.
If you want something free, there's Audacity. Kinda the same as Goldwave, but a bit inferior in my opinion.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know of a system audio recording program? Something where my computer where it will only record system audio? Preferably something I can use with X split?
You could turn on the "listen to this source" or whatever on the audio source the 3ds sound is coming through, and just record desktop sounds.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I straight up played the sound through my 3DS capture software and tried to record using audacity and use the stereo mix as the mic and it came out so light its hard to even hear it. Advice?
Boost the levels in the sounds panel. That's really about it.
EDIT: You could also try boosting it in Audacity, but I don't know how that would work.

Last edited by Magical Sheep,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol