How to rebuild/extract .3ds files ??

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Louiskovskie, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Louiskovskie
    OP

Louiskovskie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2016
    Germany
    I'm really in trouble. All what i want to do, is to extract and rebuild files from a .3ds file. I've tried ctrtool but i understand completely nothing. Then i tried Hackingtoolkit3ds, but it doesn't work. The program says "Extraction done" but there happend nothing.
    Please can someone help me?
    Thanks in advantage :)

2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
  3. Louiskovskie
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2016
    Germany
    Thank you! :)

4. FGF111

FGF111 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2016
    United States
  5. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Shift+Right-Click in Windows Explorer and choose "Open Command Window Here", then type the commands listed in the thread.

6. FGF111

FGF111 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2016
    United States
    Yup, that worked and the extractor also worked well and i'm editing the files in pk3DS now.

You have no idea how long i spent trying to figure out how to work the other tools and it's nice that something finally works (it's so simple too). I love you, full homo.

7. Louiskovskie
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2016
    Germany
    It doesn't work for me! I'm trying to create a 3ds for citra. I moved the folder with all the files from the game to the tool, but when starting the tool with the command, it gives error messages. It tells me, that a exheader is missing or something.

EDIT: Ok got it working. But i got a new problem: It says, that the build was completed, but there appeared no file at all

Last edited by Louiskovskie, Oct 16, 2016