Tutorial How to play COD: Black Ops

Did this work for you?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I PM'ed you with my Problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I did not PM you with my Problem.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have noticed that there has been a lot of commotion about the playing of COD: Black Ops. There has been countless problems, and questions about how you play this game, and if you can play this game online.

If you are having any problems, feel free to PM me with your problems.

This is a Network Installation guide - you NEED a Wifi-Connection.

~Requirements~
SD Card (preferably 1-2gb; not SDHC) or USB device formatted to FAT32.
Wii (any system menu) - I use 4.3U
A little bit of patience
smile.gif

IMPORTANT: THERE IS AN ADDITION TO THE BOTTOM OF THE GUIDE; PLEASE READ THIS TO GET THE MULTI-PLAYER WORKING ON YOUR CONSOLE.

NOTE: This is done at your own risk, and I can NOT be held responsible for any damage that you do to your Wii console.

---------------------------------------------------------

Step One:

You will need to install a cIOS (Custom IOS), to have the ability to play games via your USB drive. I would recommend using Wanininkoko's cIOSx (249 and 250)

i) Download : http://filetrip.net/f23351-cIOS-Installer-Xr21.html
ii) Extract to your "apps" folder in your SD/USB root.

Step Two:

Place your SD card into your Wii, or plug in your USB device (must be formatted to FAT32, and the port nearest to the edge is the only port that works with this). Launch the HBC, via your System Menu. When you are in the HBC menu, do the following.

i) Launch the cIOSx Installer rev21
ii) Select the IOS you wish to install it with.. Select 249 if you have a previous installation of cIOS. If you do not, choose IOS 36 (must have trucha bug)
iii) Choose the base IOS.. First choose IOS 56, and you will be prompted for which IOS to install it as, choose 249, and then Network Installation.
iv) Wait for the process to complete, and you will be re-directed to the HBC.
v) Re-launch the installer. Select either 249, or 36 as was stated in step (i). Except this time, choose Base IOS 57, and install it as an IOS into cIOS 250. Choose network installation, then wait.
vi) You are now ready to play Black Ops ! (Read below to get the Multi-Player feature working)

-----------------------------------------------------

How to get Multi-Player working:

Added by XFlak (Thanks for helping)

-If you've already launched the shopping channel on your Wii at least once in the past and already accepted some agreement, then u can skip this step. Install the latest IOS56 and the latest version of the shopping channel. Launch the shopping channel and accept the agreement.
-launch the usb-loader with any cIOS that has base 56 or base 57 (if u don't have one, install it)
-launch the game with a cIOS with base 57 (if u don't have one, install it)
-create 2 campaign profiles, start the campaign with each of them and save and exit
-launch multiplayer with both profiles (obviously the Wii needs to be connected to the internet), it should work on your second attempt (and then the first profile will start working afterwards). You will be prompted to update, say yes. Note that this is an update for the game, it is not an official firmware update and is safe to accept.

These ports should be forwarded if you are having trouble connecting.
TCP: 443 and 3074.
UDP: 3074 and 3075
For more information on forwarding ports. Check out this website. http://www.portforward.com

When you wish to play COD: Black Ops, choose IOS 250. The game should launch right away, and you will have no more problems with Online, Freezing, etc.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, and that you had a successful installation, and that you enjoy Black Ops !

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your tutorial is incomplete. I will write out ALL the steps in point form below that will also allow multiplayer to work, feel free to use it to update your first post

-If you've already launched the shopping channel on your Wii at least once in the past and already accepted some agreement, then u can skip this step. Install the latest IOS56 and the latest version of the shopping channel (if not already installed). Launch the shopping channel and accept the agreement.
-launch the usb-loader with any cIOS that has base 56 or base 57 (if u don't have one, install it)
-launch the game with a cIOS with base 57 (if u don't have one, install it)
-create 2 campaign profiles, start the campaign with each of them and save and exit
-launch multiplayer with both profiles (obviously the Wii needs to be connected to the internet), it should work on your second attempt (and then the first profile will start working afterwards). You will be prompted to update, say yes. Note that this is an update for the game, it is not an official firmware update and is safe to accept.
-enjoy!

unheared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you Xflak and EmbraceFiction for your guide.

yeah, my wii can run backups with the help of uloader 5.1e.
I have tried all the cios setting after i select multilayer i get error please eject the dvd.
so will try this guide asap

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
zizer said:
i use cfg with ios 249rev20 and install update in game and no problem
Not helpful at all, there are at least 6 different forms of cIOS249rev20, each one with a unique base IOS. If u got it to work, u must be using 249rev20 base 57. But Hermes 224 v5 or v5.1 with base 57 will also work, and 249 rev 21 with base 57 should also work. The key here is the base of the cIOS, not the rev # itself.

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you guys;

I hope the tutorial is an aid to you all. Please do not judge me too hard, this is my very first Wii tutorial.

Also, thank you very much XFlak for clarifying things for a few people.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
zizer said:
Not helpful at all, there are at least 6 different forms of cIOS249rev20, each one with a unique base IOS. If u got it to work, u must be using 249rev20 base 57. But Hermes 224 v5 or v5.1 with base 57 will also work, and 249 rev 21 with base 57 should also work. The key here is the base of the cIOS, not the rev # itself.

sorry , yes i am use base57

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
XFlak said:
zizer said:

I used Hermes 224 v5.1 with base 57 and it works but Zombie mode does not work it goes to a black screen... and suggestions?

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ozzy1980 said:
zizer said:
XFlak said:
zizer said:

I used Hermes 224 v5.1 with base 57 and it works but Zombie mode does not work it goes to a black screen... and suggestions?

Is it possibly a bad rip?

My zombie mode works fine, but I am using 249 with base 57.

Also, NTSC, or PAL?

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmbraceFiction said:
Ozzy1980 said:
zizer said:
XFlak said:
zizer said:

Is it possibly a bad rip?

My zombie mode works fine, but I am using 249 with base 57.

Also, NTSC, or PAL?

NTSC... dumb question but if I have 249 with 56 base (rock band 3 usb instruments) and then use install 249 with base 57 does that remove the 56 base?

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There can only be one Base per cIOS. Just put 57 into 250, and 56 into 249.
This way, the base 56 will play most other games, and the base 57 will play all those problematic games (CoD, RB3, RB2, GH, Smash Bros., etc.)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
EmbraceFiction said:
This way, the base 56 will play most other games, and the base 57 will play all those problematic games (CoD, RB3, RB2, GH, Smash Bros., etc.)
base 56 is supposed to be able to play ALL the games except COD:BO
but base 57 does not support RB3 or guitar hero, that is only supported by base 37 and 56

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
EmbraceFiction said:
but base 57 does not support RB3 or guitar hero, that is only supported by base 37 and 56

Oh yeah..

I apologize for that mate, what XFlak said is correct.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
EmbraceFiction said:

Thank you for taking the time to discuss these things. They really shed light on softmodding if you happen to be a noob (like me).
Is there a thread somewhere where Game-IOS-compatibility is discussed?

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
siliconmessiah said:
XFlak said:
EmbraceFiction said:

Thank you for taking the time to discuss these things. They really shed light on softmodding if you happen to be a noob (like me).
Is there a thread somewhere where Game-IOS-compatibility is discussed?

Why, yes there is. I will not link you, as there is a big search button in the navigation bar.

Just take a quick search.

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmbraceFiction said:
XFlak said:
EmbraceFiction said:

Oh yeah..

I apologize for that mate, what XFlak said is correct.

Thanks guys... much appreciated... I will first see if its a bad rip... then try your other suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16