Homebrew How to manually update Luma?

drenal

that guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might seem like a stupid question, but what files and folders do I replace to manually update Luma? I'm on vacation in a cabin without WiFi so I want to do it through my phone. Thanks ;)

drenal

that guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I had to update b9s first. I'm on section "ctrnand Luma" (or something like that) on the update b9s page on plailects guide. I try to start godmod 9, but it just crashes. It's the most recent version, too. :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like it's ur sd card. do u have godmode in the luma/payloads folder? hold start while booting up to open it. u'll either get the chainloader menu or godmode will open only - depends on if u have more than one payload in the folder.

drenal

that guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like it's ur sd card. do u have godmode in the luma/payloads folder? hold start while booting up to open it. u'll either get the chainloader menu or godmode will open only - depends on if u have more than one payload in the folder.
It's in the payload folder. I have safeb9sinstaller in there, so it goes to the chainloader. Do I need to delete sb9si?

drenal

that guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be helpful if u post the error. it could be an issue with luma also.
I booted up my 3ds but I forgot that I took out the sd card, so I got an error. When I put it back in, started it up, and launched gm9, it magically started working again...
I don't know how that fixed it but whatever :P thanks for helping though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)