mOSU_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
I would like to know how to make a Wii U "channel" that forwards to a homebrew app at /wiiu/apps/something.rpx (or /wiiu/apps/something/something.rpx? I don't know.). I would also like to know how to do the same for /wiiu/apps/something.elf (or /wiiu/apps/something/something.elf).
Thanks in advance,
GBATEMP.USER.mOSU_.NAME.HUMAN_FRIENDLY

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you only want a way to launch them, you could use Haxchii internal forwarder by editing the config.txt and reinstalling haxchi to save that file on your console.
pressing the corresponding button when launching haxchii will launch the specific path.

If you want to make its own channel, there's a legal channel maker, but I didn't find its thread, sorry.
Maybe this channel maker Script has an option for forwarders too ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/
if not, it'll still allows you to inject dol or rpx directly into the created channel instead of being a forwarder.

sorry for half useful answer.

mOSU_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I wanted a forwarder for Wii U homebrew. This is helpful, but not what I wanted. Thank you still.

EDIT: I originally read the whole thing, but then replied only to the second paragraph. However, the first part, while very close, wasn't exactly what I wanted. Thank you still (again).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried again to find a repository to create installable channels (in WUD format), but didn't find it.
I found only this : https://github.com/FIX94/rpx2hbc
it's used to create installable homebrew channels (with NUSpacker), but you'll have to edit the sources as it's creating forwarder to vWii instead of WiiU elf located on SD.

The easier if you are not a developer and only want an easy tool to create WiiU forwarders is to actually install many Haxchii !
Install one NDS game (legit or not, you don't care, you'll need signature patch first if not legit)
Edit your SD:/Haxchi/ folder to replace the icons/xml/game name info, etc. AND the settings.txt file to change the "default=path to the default wiiu homebrew on your SD"
Then run Haxchii installer and choose a the new NDS game you installed and want to become your new forwarder !

That new NDS game will have the name, and icon you set in sd:/haxchi/ before replacing its content.

that way, you can have as many forwarder as you can install different version of NDS games.
Attention : never replace your official/original NDS game used by CBHC ! your legit NDS game need to stay legit or you'll brick your wiiu. don't overwrite the NDS game used by CBHC with haxchii either. NEVER TOUCH THE NDS USED BY CBHC. only install new NDS games you can edit and replace with haxchii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night