Hacking How to install MSET rxtools exploit WITHOUT NDS flashcart?

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is normal, read the important.pdf.

Ok I get it that rxtools.dat was remade into code.bin BUT what about firmware.bin? Which one is it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even if he downgraded mset to 4.x, it would still work on latest rxTools nightly

OK now I'm seriously confused. Far out.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I get it that rxtools.dat was remade into code.bin BUT what about firmware.bin? Which one is it?

You can use the 2.6 one, just put it in rxTools/sys.

Even if he downgraded mset to 4.x, it would still work on latest rxTools nightly

Only if he uses the rxinstaller.nds (which works only on ds flashcart/sudokuhax)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
@Wizardkoer just follow @VerseHell advice, it will only get more confused :D otherwise :) (even with good intentions from all of us ;))
-
@VerseHell i downgraded 2 O3DS XL systems to MSET 4.x and installed rxTools installer with the rxinstaller.bin through the browser, it worked without a problem
(Downgrading to 6.x didn't work for me, i always got a wrong mset version error in rxTools, downgrading to 4.x worked without an error)

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
People this is just getting more and more confusing. Is there any other offline way of loading rxtools emunand other than MSET?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So should I restore NAND backup and get MSET 6.X or stick with 4.X? I'm VERY confused of what to do...

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Wizardkoer just follow @VerseHell advice, it will only get more confused :D otherwise :) (even with good intentions from all of us ;))
-
@VerseHell i downgraded 2 O3DS XL systems to MSET 4.x and installed rxTools installer with the rxinstaller.bin through the browser, it worked without a problem
(Downgrading to 6.x didn't work for me, i always got a wrong mset version error in rxTools, downgrading to 4.x worked without an error)

Weirf
On KR/EU/JP/US

• Installs mset 4.x ROP on firm 4.x~5.x

• Installs mset 6.x ROP on firm 6.0~9.2
On CN/TW

• Installs mset 4.x ROP on firm 4.x~9.2

From here : https://github.com/mid-kid/CakesROP/tree/master/CakesROPSpider

And the rxinstaller.bin is supposed to be based on this. :unsure:

OP you can test with the 4.X mset first and if it doesn't work restore your 6.X mset. Just use the qr code in the first page. :)

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So please answer these questions:
1. Do I use Rxtools 2.6 or the nightly one?
2. Do I use the rxtools.bin one the first page?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill