Homebrew how to fix black screen

Hockeydavid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install homebrew launcher on my 3ds by following Jack sorrel's video. However, every time i open up subwars, i get a blank screen instead of homebrew launcher. How do i fix this?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should not be using video tutorials to hack your 3DS because they're often wrong, outdated, or missing important information that'll result in having your 3DS with custom firmware that's incomplete or softbricked.

Follow instead the official guide at:

Hockeydavid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide you gave me is the same as the video i watched. I suspect the source of the black screen is brute force moveable because on my second attempt, i input my friend code and id, it directly gives me movable.sed instead of a friend code. How do i make bruteforce give me a new friend code?

Last edited by Hockeydavid,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide you gave me is the same as the video i watched. I suspect the source of the black screen is brute force moveable because on my second attempt, i input my friend code and id, it directly gives me movable.sed instead of a friend code.
You have it the other way around. The video is a shoddy regurgitation of the official guide. One is better than the other because it's the original.

The issue with video guides is that it's hard for others to help pinpoint where you went wrong due to any point of what you were instructed to do in Jack Sorrell's tutorial might not match what you're supposed to do in the 3ds.hacks.guide.

Due to the intricacies of the seedminer methods, you might get better help at:
If you're not sure who to ask, look for RandalHoffman (MechanicalDragon).

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I remember correctly Steeldiver may go to black screen in case of wrong otherapp payload (old vs.new system).

In any case 3ds.hacks.guide has a path without using Steeldiver at all – BannerBomb3.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly Steeldiver may go to black screen in case of wrong otherapp payload (old vs.new system).

In any case 3ds.hacks.guide has a path without using Steeldiver at all – BannerBomb3.
Do you recall if Steelhax works with the Steel Diver: Sub Wars v4.1 update in place? I could have sworn it's supposed to be uninstalled but can't find reference about it at 3ds.guide.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you recall if Steelhax works with the Steel Diver: Sub Wars v4.1 update in place? I could have sworn it's supposed to be uninstalled but can't find reference about it at 3ds.guide.
Found it! Click on Steelminer/Steelhax and then a simple "click the picture that matches your screen"

https://3ds.eiphax.tech/issues.html

This tells us: Update must not be installed but it would give an error message.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Soon your birthday?