How to edit subs?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by MarcoAssia, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010

How to edit subs? by MarcoAssia at 11:15 PM (1,252 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. MarcoAssia
    OP

Newcomer MarcoAssia Member

Italy
    I have tried to apply Italian files to Suikoden Tierkreis and all work fine, except subs in movies. Now there is "no data". In this video he show how to apply english translation on the japanese rom of Suikoden, and in this mode there are subs, but if I change eng files with ita files, there aren't. How can I do? Help me please [​IMG]

2. MarcoAssia
    OP

Italy
    I have discovered that is file sce_sbin_eng.bin in data/rom/scenario that contains subs for movies. I don't understand why changing the name of italian file from ita to eng, the subs don't appear. I also have copied sce_bustup.bin of european rom, but nothing change.
    I need to know how to see text in bin files. I have HEX editors, but only appears symbols. I need a table.

3. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    You can edit that in CT2
    (sce_sbin_eng.bin in data/rom/scenario)
    just change the code page to 1252
    search for something you see in the subbed english (like "the")
    when you find the text replace (but you might need to watch out for control codes)_

4. MarcoAssia
    OP

Italy
    what is ct2?
    EDIT: I suppose is Crystal Tile 2. By the way, there isn't code 1252.

5. rastsan

Canada
    Okay real funny thing here Suikoden Teirkreis has an european version with italiano as an language
    the menu and quite a few other things are all in the alnguage you select....
    So do you mean the videos do not appear correctly with the italian or they do not even subtitle them in the first place?

Cause as I play in italian there seems to be subs?
    Am I confused, did you do your own translation or you just want the japanese rom to be in italian and redub it?

6. MarcoAssia
    OP

Italy
    I want to insert Italian text from Pal version to Jap version. But in this mode, subs in videos (only subs, other text is perfect in Italian) appear like "no data".
    The author of video said to me that is needed a retiming in file ds_data_hed.sdat in data/rom.
    Attached to his video, there is the retiming version, but for english.

7. rastsan

Canada
    For that you are going to need a hacker not just any hacker a good hacker this sound like something that can only be done with assembly ask around ther might be afew people that can help you I Can't sorry...