StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
incorrect

(also it's Arabic, of course it's gonna be rendered right to left)
Very wrong, it's Farsi. My culture has a very, VERY big vendetta against Arabic culture.

But it's supposed to be rendered right to left, yet the exclamation point is on the right whilst we typically write it on the left.

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Very wrong, it's Farsi. My culture has a very, VERY big vendetta against Arabic culture.

But it's supposed to be rendered right to left, yet the exclamation point is on the right whilst we typically write it on the left.
Mixing RTL and LTR text always sucks tbh.

Also, I meant Arabic (the script), not Arabic (the language)

StrayGuitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mixing RTL and LTR text always sucks tbh.

Also, I meant Arabic (the script), not Arabic (the language)
That's true. It's a total tossup how it's handled program to program and website to website...

Oh, that's my bad. It's a slightly modified Arabic script, but it is largely based on it.

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
That's true. It's a total tossup how it's handled program to program and website to website...

Oh, that's my bad. It's a slightly modified Arabic script, but it is largely based on it.
Tbh, as someone who's designed fonts before, the Arabic script is a fucken pain to deal with. Not because of it being RTL (Hebrew for example was easy), but the fact that pretty much each letter has 4 forms sucks

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, as someone who's designed fonts before, the Arabic script is a fucken pain to deal with. Not because of it being RTL (Hebrew for example was easy), but the fact that pretty much each letter has 4 forms sucks
Ahh, yeah, it's a massive pain in the ass to write and type. Even we struggle to learn it. Farsi had its own script, but we were colonized by Arabic people and they forced our language to fit their script (and it really doesn't work,) making it an even BIGGER mess with lots of "this but sometimes that" rules like in English.

Reactions: Dionicio3

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, yeah, it's a massive pain in the ass to write and type. Even we struggle to learn it. Farsi had its own script, but we were colonized by Arabic people and they forced our language to fit their script (and it really doesn't work,) making it an even BIGGER mess with lots of "this but sometimes that" rules like in English.
Oh wow, didn't realize you guys used to use Cuneiform, I only ever see that script used for spam nowadays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol