How to convert BFSTM to BCTSM?

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by WishyTheStar, Jul 29, 2017.

1. WishyTheStar
    OP

WishyTheStar Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    United States
    I want to use Splatoon 2's music for a 3DS theme, but no converter seems to support Switch BFSTM. Even LoopingAudioConverter.

Is there a way that I can convert BFSTM to BCTSM?

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Last edited by NWPlayer123, Jul 30, 2017
    WishyTheStar likes this.
  3. Mat37

Mat37 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2016
    France
    Is it possible to do it reverse (converting wav to sw bfstm) with this tool ?

4. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    I don't think so, not yet at least, might be able to hack together a tool but no point if you can't load modified files

5. moosehunter

moosehunter GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2008
    United States
    VGAudio will do lossless conversions between B_STM types, and supports arbitrary endianness for BFSTM and BCSTM files, so it can read and write the little-endian BFSTM files the Switch uses.
    https://github.com/Thealexbarney/VGAudio/releases

Edit: Looks like selecting the endianness when writing a file hasn't been exposed in the UI (Mostly because there wasn't much of a reason to before the Switch was released), but the library supports the option.

Last edited by moosehunter, Jul 31, 2017
    NWPlayer123 likes this.
  6. LucaP

LucaP Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Brazil
    I always use this program to convert wavs to BRSTM and then BCSTM, but I think you can convert a wav to BRSTM and then BFSTM with the same program too.
    In-topic: I think that rather than getting the BRSTM out of the game and converting it to BCSTM, isn't it better to search online for the audio you want and then convert it? There's Splatoon 2 songs all over youtube by now, i'm pretty sure you can find what you're looking for.

7. WishyTheStar
    OP

WishyTheStar Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    United States
    Thank you all for the help!

It's a nice idea, but I don't prefer doing that with video game music.