Hacking how to change cfw?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like the title says, is there a way to change cfw's. also, is it possible to have multiple cfw's and choose which one to use on boot? don't tell me crap about how i should stick with luma and not switch to a different cfw

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're asking this question, you really have no business changing CFWs on the 3DS.

The answers for your questions:
1. Yes, you can have cfw solutions.
2. Yes, you can have CTR Boot Manager or any other solution you would prefer to accomplish this for you.

Also, I'd stick with luma if I were in your position. I can't fathom what reason you have for wanting to waste your limited storage space with a bunch of things that all achieve the same end goal at this point, but I certainly don't care to try and stop you. Have fun.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're asking this question, you really have no business changing CFWs on the 3DS.

The answers for your questions:
1. Yes, you can have cfw solutions.
2. Yes, you can have CTR Boot Manager or any other solution you would prefer to accomplish this for you.

Also, I'd stick with luma if I were in your position. I can't fathom what reason you have for wanting to waste your limited storage space with a bunch of things that all achieve the same end goal at this point, but I certainly don't care to try and stop you. Have fun.
it's mainly just me being curious. i do agree that luma is currently the best, but it's just always good to know.
how do i find out if i don't ask? (google didn't tell me much)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The point is that Luma is the easiest CFW to use, and most noob-friendly. There are and have been bunch of noobs that have wanted to use Corbenik for example, but couldn't even explain why they want to use it. Chances are if you have to ask how to install X or Y, then you really should NOT even think about using any other CFW. Corbenik for example is a CFW for advanced users - If you don't know why you need it then you don't need it.

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is that Luma ..."
This, but I mean, Corbenik being just a mimic of CakesFW's modular plugin system except applied to Luma/AuReiNand and so on. And anymore you can get dev builds of Luma which sees frequent updates.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it's mainly just me being curious. i do agree that luma is currently the best, but it's just always good to know.

how do i find out if i don't ask? (google didn't tell me much)
I have a sticky that explains this all for you
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/#What

And realistically every CFW explains how to set them up. From there you just need to set them up to be launched from a bootloader or chainloader. Like I have Corbenik as my main SD CFW, from there I use Corbenik's bootloader to boot into ReiNAND and CakesFW. Which I simply renamed their launched to "reinand.bin" and cakes.bin" respectively. I am also booting everything from a privately developed CFW on my CTRNAND.
All CFWs are simply a means of reading the NAND and writing basically modifications to them to allow different effects, like reading unsigned code. You can change and multi-boot as main CFWs as you want, they won't effect your overall setup whatsoever.
Seriously no effect
Corbenik
HNI_0058.JPG
CakesFW
HNI_0059.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.