Hacking How to boot to the Homebrew menu?

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. All I have is the Homebrew channel and Nintendont on my Wii.

I want to be able to autoboot to the Homebrew menu when I turn on my Wii (so I don't have to use a Wii mote). I heard about Priiloader and BootMii. I'm not sure if I need to have both or just install one of them. I can't really find a guide that makes sense to me so I was wondering if someone could walk me through the steps to achieve what I want. Thanks again!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Make sure you have an optimal soft mod in place, if you're not sure, resoftmod using ModMii

From there adjust priiloader's autoboot setting to the homebrew channel

There's a couple different ways of accomplishing the same thing but this is probably the most straight forward

Note that if you have bootmii installed as boot 2 it has boot priority over priiloader. So if this is the case and your sd card is structured to autoboot bootmii it will take priority over priiloader. However, in bootmii when you select to load the "system menu" it will first load priiloader and execute those boot orders next (which could be the system menu, homebrew channel, bootmii, etc.). This is easily overcome by renaming the bootmii folder on the SD card something else or adjusting the bootmii config settings. In any case this only applies to those older wii's with a vulnerable boot1 so it may be a moot point for your particular use case.

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: jeannotte

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3N1 @ K3N1: https://youtube.com/shorts/5_yMwLMHhjc?feature=share