Tutorial  Updated

How to make forwarders to ANY homebrew with buying only one Haxchi game

Do this at your own risk! I'm not responsible for anything!

Although this method is obvious these are the steps in order to make forwarders for whatever you want:
  1. Get https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi and buy one of these DS VC games in the eShop
  2. Following Haxchi's readme put a haxchi folder to SD:\ and another one to SD:\wiiu\apps\
  3. Open SD:\haxchi\config.txt with a text editor and set sysmenu as default and the path to the homebrew launcher to button A
  4. Launch Haxchi through Homebrew Launcher to install it into your bought DS VC game
  5. Now grab any of the DS VC games but not the one you already used for Haxchi in step 1 with this fantastic tool. So if you used Yoshi Touch & Go, just use one of the Kirby games now or anything else.
  6. Push the downloaded game to SD with Wii U USB Helper's built in button and install it via WUP Installer. If installation fails you would need to run sig patches before so just tap your Haxchi icon once, wait until you're in the Wii U menu again and install again via HBL -> WUP Installer.
  7. Decide what you want your next forwarder to be. If you want it to be Loadiine, just edit the SD:\haxchi\config.txt again and replace the default line's value with the path to Loadiine on your SD card.
  8. Let's pretend you downloaded Kirby now. Run the Haxchi installer from the Homebrew Launcher again but install it into Kirby this time.
  9. Now comes the magic: Use ftpiiu (you would need to run a CFW before) and navigate to Kirby's meta folder. Edit the meta's titleID to something unused (e.g. by adding 1 to the last digit) and change the name to "Loadiine" or whatever. You could even replace the TGA files for the icon and background pictures.
    Additionally you would have to rename the titleID's folder under 00050000 to match your newly edited titleID.
  10. Now you've got a forwarder for Loadiine. The only downside is that you would have to launch your first bought Haxchi game once everytime after coldboot (unless you're using CBHC) for the other Haxchi games to work.
    Thanks to the fact that you edited the titleID in step 10 you can start again with step 7 and install the same Kirby game again. Just make sure to edit it's titleID afterwards as well.
Update 2017-07-13:
- replaced sigpatches2sysmenu by Haxchi's own CFW (default=sysmenu in config.txt)

Last edited by lordelan,

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can just rerun the the haxchi installer with the TGA files and title.txt for the name of the app in the haxchi folder for the last 2 steps. (Expect the title id part)
Pretty cool. Wasn't aware of this. Since you've got the second post I'm too lazy to edit mine. :P

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Decide what you want your next forwarder to be. If you want it to be Loadiine, just edit the SD:\haxchi\config.txt again and replace the default line's value with the path to Loadiine on your SD card.
  • Let's pretend you downloaded Kirby now. Run the Haxchi installer from the Homebrew Launcher again but install it into Kirby this time.
  • Now comes the magic: Use ftpiiu (you would need to run a CFW before) and navigate to Kirby's meta folder. Edit the meta's titleID to something unused (e.g. by adding 1 to the last digit) and change the name to "Loadiine" or whatever. You could even replace the TGA files for the icon and background pictures.
  • Now you've got a forwarder for Loadiine. The only downside is that you would have to launch your first bought Haxchi game once everytime after coldboot (unless you're using CBHC) for the other Haxchi games to work.
    Thanks to the fact that you edited the titleID in step 10 you can start again with step 8 and install the same Kirby game again. Just make sure to edit it's titleID afterwards as well.
This isn't making sense to me.

First, if you go back to step 8, you're not reinstalling anything. You probably mean step 7.

If you change the meta/meta.xml (if that's your intent), the title will no longer function because there is no directory under 00050000 that matches that TitleID. (You should get a 199 error from that.)

When you do reinstall the DS title, it'll overwrite whatever's in its title directory.

Did you leave out any steps, or can you explain the theory behind your magic? I understand that if you're creating a package, you can change the TitleID in the xml and it'll work, but that's because that TitleID is used for the installation. That's not what's happening here.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This isn't making sense to me.

First, if you go back to step 8, you're not reinstalling anything. You probably mean step 7.

If you change the meta/meta.xml (if that's your intent), the title will no longer function because there is no directory under 00050000 that matches that TitleID. (You should get a 199 error from that.)

When you do reinstall the DS title, it'll overwrite whatever's in its title directory.

Did you leave out any steps, or can you explain the theory behind your magic? I understand that if you're creating a package, you can change the TitleID in the xml and it'll work, but that's because that TitleID is used for the installation. That's not what's happening here.
You're right. Forgot that you would have to rename the folder as well.
And yes: Step 7 should be enough.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whose patches allow for that rename? Haxchi sysmenu with Fix94's ftpiiu_everywhere u2 didn't allow it, but I'm a couple revs behind on haxchi at the moment.
Make sure you use the ftp version from CBHC's first post.
Or to be sure run Mocha CFW, that's what I did.
Of course it would be easier to edit the titleID before you install it via Wup Installer.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you use the ftp version from CBHC's first post.
Or to be sure run Mocha CFW, that's what I did.
Of course it would be easier to edit the titleID before you install it via Wup Installer.
Under Mocha v0.2 (no rednand), neither Fix94's v0.4u2 nor Dimok's v0.4 ftpiiu_everywhere allowed renaming the title folder. (Result with both is 550 Success, which is Access Denied)

If people have trouble with your procedure, that might be something to look into.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Under Mocha v0.2 (no rednand), neither Fix94's v0.4u2 nor Dimok's v0.4 ftpiiu_everywhere allowed renaming the title folder. (Result with both is 550 Success, which is Access Denied)

If people have trouble with your procedure, that might be something to look into.
Mh that's odd. I strongly recommend to edit the titleID on PC before using WUP Installer then, that make's everything easier. Will edit my post once I'm on my PC.

nuwave59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With CBHC installed, I didnt have to do step 9 at all. Anyway, while using ftpiiu everywhere, I could edit the meta.xml file, but I could not rename the folder. Access was denied.
I just had to edit SD:\haxchi\title.txt and change "Haxchi" for the name of the homebrew app I wanted to make a forwarder for, edit SD:\haxchi\config.txt and add "default=wiiu/apps/[appfolder]/[appname].elf", and erase the other things.
Then, I changed the .TGA icons in SD:\haxchi\ by adapting this tutorial : .
I ran the Haxchi installer, and my forwarder appeared on the menu, with my custom made icons.
What is important, is that you have to make sure you use a different DS title (compatible with Haxchi) for every forwarder you make with this, and to install them on nand (if you use one already used, or install it on usb, you will brick).
Worked for me with titles downloaded with Wii U Usb Loader. Only the one used for CBHC needs to be legitimate.
I didn't try this method with a console that is using another thing than CBHC to patch signature checks.

Reactions: lordelan

Reko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to get this working but I keep getting 'There was an error in the software'
And that TitleID changing, I dont understand it

If you want to know, I use DSVC Game's from WiiU USB Loader but I have CBHC

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've tried installing Usb Loader with custom icons, and while it works fine with the default Haxchi icons any that I replace them with will give me an error message when it loads that icon

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've tried installing Usb Loader with custom icons, and while it works fine with the default Haxchi icons any that I replace them with will give me an error message when it loads that icon
That relies on the exact type of the images.
Send me (or upload here in a zip file) the original image and the one you want to use.
I'll convert yours into the right format then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1