How long to overwrite Switch Telemetry?

ghjignyhg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My homebrew crashed and I think it might have left a bannable trace on my Switch.

But the amount of space allocated for telemetry is not infinite so theoretically if I keep turning on and off legit games it may eventually overwrite that log, right?

Does anyone know precisely how much space is used for telemetry in the NAND and how long it would take to overwrite it using only legitimate means?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My homebrew crashed and I think it might have left a bannable trace on my Switch.

But the amount of space allocated for telemetry is not infinite so theoretically if I keep turning on and off legit games it may eventually overwrite that log, right?

Does anyone know precisely how much space is used for telemetry in the NAND and how long it would take to overwrite it using only legitimate means?
That’s an interesting thought process but the logs are txt and thus can be compressed and stored for a very very long time.

let’s take a step back…

what CFW are you using and what version number?
we’re you on Sysnand or Emunand?
do you have exosphere, dns:mit, 90DNS or incognito installed and configured?

soyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly were you doing at the time? If I remember correctly, some actions have a higher risk of a ban than others. Save editing, cheating and installing XCI and NSP files will get you banned. Other actions are safer.

Reactions: binkinator

Manaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's just a cfw switch, switch have come down in price since the OLED model and you can get a patched v1 switch that's unhackable unless using HLFY hard mod for under £80 on eBay console only, so if you have lagit online games and account like in my case I have mk8 and SSBU on my lagit switch, just get yourself a lagit switch, i have two cfw switch and one ipatched and already updated switch for online, I've recently sold that ipatched switch and replaced it with an oled switch, I also have another oled switch that I plan to try install HLFY v4 mod.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a cfw switch, switch have come down in price since the OLED model and you can get a patched v1 switch that's unhackable unless using HLFY hard mod for under £80 on eBay console only, so if you have lagit online games and account like in my case I have mk8 and SSBU on my lagit switch, just get yourself a lagit switch, i have two cfw switch and one ipatched and already updated switch for online, I've recently sold that ipatched switch and replaced it with an oled switch, I also have another oled switch that I plan to try install HLFY v4 mod.

U wut m8?

Still trying to suss out how this is remotely related to the topic of telemetry.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Atmosphere is redirecting all crash and error reports so they won't left a trace inside nand. So homebrew crashing is not something will get you a ban.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere is redirecting all crash and error reports so they won't left a trace inside nand. So homebrew crashing is not something will get you a ban.
Ayup. Agreed. Trying to figure out if he‘s on SXOS, REINX or Atmos. Hopefully the latter.

e: quick q…has Atmosphere always redirected logs? First mention in the release notes is the reimplementation in 1.1.1 hence the curiosity.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: impeeza

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ayup. Agreed. Trying to figure out if he‘s on SXOS, REINX or Atmos. Hopefully the latter.

e: quick q…has Atmosphere always redirected logs? First mention in the release notes is the reimplementation in 1.1.1 hence the curiosity.
I'm pretty sure it did by its first official release, tho as it has always been open source, some people ran early builds before that feature was in.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

1.1.1 introduced reimplementation of LogManager that normally exists only in dev units, SDK in games contains functions that are passing info to LogManager, so some games are sending info to LogManager when devs forget to delete it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it did by its first official release, tho as it has always been open source, some people ran early builds before that feature was in.
1.1.1 introduced reimplementation of LogManager that normally exists only in dev units, SDK in games contains functions that are passing info to LogManager, so some games are sending info to LogManager when devs forget to delete it.
Thanks for the edu. Still much to learn.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1