ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

This may be a dumb question, but I must ask. Just two hours ago, we disconnected the modem to punish my brother for being a little shit, and now when I passed by his room, his internet was still working. I realized he has a network adapter, but that doesn't explain why its working. I decided to connect my network adapter with my Dish box in my room, and my TV is working? How in the hell is my internet working without a modem? What the hell?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the only explanation i come is, maybe he made a setup from a pc (or a phone) to connect to the neighboor wireless.. and maybe is using something as a repeater..

what do you mean by. "I decided to connect my network adapter with my Dish box in my room, and my TV is working"

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Sounds like you are n00bs who don't know what you are doing or what you actually disconnected. You probably unplugged a VCR or a toaster or something instead of a "modem". Check if the light on your refrigerator still comes on, you probably unplugged that.

yep

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
we disconnected the modem to punish my brother for being a little shit, and now when I passed by his room, his internet was still working. I realized he has a network adapter, but that doesn't explain why its working. I decided to connect my network adapter with my Dish box in my room, and my TV is working? How in the hell is my internet working without a modem? What the hell?

I think your brother patched into arpanet using a flux capacitor cable.. That boy's going places when he grows up!

You should see how many jiggawatts he's getting.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time when I was moving my modem it turned out we didn't even need one of the cables that was plugged into it. That's most likely what happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot