How does FE: fates DLC work?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by khangress, Feb 19, 2016.

1. khangress
    OP

khangress GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Canada
    If I have birthright, should I install DLC for conquest? Or should I install the .cia for conquest as well?

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Birthright dlcs work with Birthright only. Same goes for conquest

3. khangress
    OP

Aug 30, 2015
    Canada
    If I install conquest, would by birthright game acknowledge it, meaning I wont have to install the DLC later? Or should I just wait for the DLC to be released?

4. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    How do they work ? I have the special edition so I don't know how the separated versions work

5. khangress
    OP

Aug 30, 2015
    Canada
    Also if I were to download the special edition .cia, which DLC does it come with?

6. pofer

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
    Don't get confused ; the dlc that you find at that iso sites is like the offer that nintendo is giving to everyone who buys either copy of the game

In my case; I got conquest ; installed that DLC and at mission 7 , we're you're given the option to decide which path to take , if I hadn't installed that DLC I'd just be allowed to choose "Chose Norh" since I don't have the dlc for the rest of the chapters

Installing the dlc gives you the 3 paths , but somehow you can't choose revelation's path for now( don't choose either side) ; as the next mission after that doesn't show up

Last edited by pofer, Feb 19, 2016
    MattKimura likes this.
  7. shorty_bobert

shorty_bobert Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2009
    United States
    Alaska
    good luck finding one, btw. But the special edition has all 3 games in one cartridge and is the only way to get Revelations until it drops in March