How do you install Developer Nand on Emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kows, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Kows
    OP

Kows Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2016
    United States
    I heard that you could install a developer nand on your 3ds on a post, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to installing this, I couldn't find anything on google. I want to install this on emunand, because the post I saw had installed it on their sysnand and they bricked. (They had A9LH but they couldn't restore their nand, don't know why.)

Thanks in advance.

2. Kows
    OP

Kows Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2016
    United States
    bump

3. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    I don't know much about developer NANDs (although I did help someone dump a demo unit recently) but I'd assume you just install the .cia packages to switch to the developer firmware titles, which can be done on either emunand or sysnand: Mind sharing the thread/details about the person with the SysNand who bricked A9LH? I can only imagine they bricked because they flashed a non-functional NAND to SysNand without keeping A9LH. If it was truly a functional NAND, it might alternatively be because CFWs can't boot it and they decided to go for it to see if it would work... They can only fix that with a hardmod+a previously-made NAND backup, though.

4. Kows
    OP

Kows Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2016
    United States
    I'll see if I can find it, and he installed it correctly, but it affected his 3ds so he couldn't restore.