Homebrew Question How do you create exefs.nsp

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Currently web applets can be reassigned by placing exefs.nsp in the titles folders. For example:

0100000000001013 - mypage
010000000000100D - photo
010000000000100B - shop
0100000000001003 - controller

If the tinfoil exefs.nsp is placed in these folders (010000000000100B) instead we can launch the tinfoil nro by using different home screen buttons. I wish to reassign my photo web applet (I never use it), so that it launches something else (sx.nro) - and wondered if there was a tool to create these exefs.nsp files - much like we can use nro2nsp to create forwarders (doesn't work for web applets), is there a tool similar for creating these web applets to forward to our nro files?

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
good question

I actually found out that's how emuiibo works - so these files are just compiled with devkit pro - and you just create an nsp file and rename it to exefs.nsp, also you need to put an boot flag file in the folder (for example, put in folder - sxos/titles/010000000000100D/exefs.nsp)

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to figure out how to forward eshop to hbmenu on my banned switch without linked account. if you tap on eshop icon, it will ask you to link a account.

gary_g

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I actually found out that's how emuiibo works - so these files are just compiled with devkit pro - and you just create an nsp file and rename it to exefs.nsp, also you need to put an boot flag file in the folder (for example, put in folder - sxos/titles/010000000000100D/exefs.nsp)

I'm really new to the scene, was looking to do this to my News and eShop titles as well. Can you point me to a guide or documentation on how to create an nsp file with devkit pro? I'm relatively comfortable with programming and the terminal already, although I'm not quite sure what to do after installing devkit pro?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I'm really new to the scene, was looking to do this to my News and eShop titles as well. Can you point me to a guide or documentation on how to create an nsp file with devkit pro? I'm relatively comfortable with programming and the terminal already, although I'm not quite sure what to do after installing devkit pro?
I spoke to some other devs about replacing news and they think that because other applets interact with it (it shows it's contents on the lock screen) it would fatal unless you reimplemented it well enough give those processes fale information. I know from my own experimentation that if you want to mitm news you also need to give it the boot2 flag.
For creating exefs.nsps I'd look at dvdnx to see how it does it or the sysmodule example on switchbrew's github. https://github.com/averne/dvdnx

whenIstopped

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Did you ever get this to work? I'm looking to do the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi