How do I uninstall/remove a loader safely?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zideeq, Sep 5, 2010.

1. zideeq
    OP

zideeq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2010
    Hi guys, new to this forum [​IMG]

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation, mainly because of my lack of 'Wiikipedia' knowledge (lame [​IMG] )

I have a 4.3E Softmodded black wii with Uloader installed to run my backups off my WBFS formatted HDD.

Problem is the some of my games like LOZ don't run at all (Black screen)

I understand Cios plays a part in this however I only have the choice of Ios 222 (DEFAULT) 223 and 229?

I did a search on the forum but found no thread to help uninstalling my ULoader (bit of a google noob)

I realised that the two MAIN Loaders are USB Loader GX and USB configurable but found out Wiiflow is the latest and it's recieving plenty of updates.

My query is:

How can I remove/uninstall ULoader safely from my Wii?

AND install Wiiflow (I understand that my WBFS won't work on Wiiflow however I will simply format it and transfer my backups over easy peasy)

THANK YOU AND MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS

2. Richardarkless

Richardarkless GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2009
    If you access uloader from the homebrew channel then its a simple delete, if its a channel then delete it from the data management section in settings

Wiiflow does support WBFS, lol where did you hear that

3. zideeq
    OP

zideeq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2010
    Thanks for the reply, LOL I guess I just assumed wrong, OK I will do this tomorrow and post back if I get stuck, thanks...

OOPS ONE MORE THING:

Where can I get ROMS [​IMG]

LOL joke [​IMG] thanks mate

4. luminalace

luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2010
    Just so you know..you can have more than one USB Loader at a time. My suggestion is keep Uloader and get WiiFlow too...if WiiFlow fulfills all your needs then delete ULoader.

5. zideeq
    OP

zideeq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

Deleted ULoader, installed Wiiflow 222 with Channel and it's playing ALL my games with no problems [​IMG]

Thanks alot guys, I'll now be looking for a way to use cheats in Wiiflow? Is this possible.

I want to use cheats in Resident Evil 4 but have no idea, I've downloaded Gecko OS, Megacode downloader and ACCIO but where do I place the GCT files?

6. farcry15

farcry15 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2009
    United States
    wiiflow has cheats built in. when you select a game hit the settings button and look for it.

7. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    You can download codes straight from WiiFlow. If you've got them manually, copy the GCT files into the wiiflow/codes/ folder.

8. zideeq
    OP

zideeq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2010
    Much appreciated guys, sincerely, I now have my Wiiflow playing all of my games and I have cheats working for those levels in Resident Evil O hehe, thanks alot and I hope to contribute to this site in some way.

9. john1010_ma

john1010_ma GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2006
    Brazil
    uloader - you do realize you can play vc/wiiware games through it....rigghhtt???