How do I read .elf files?

xTheodxre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I was just wondering if I can read .elf file formats, mainly for the Wii and WiiU. I just want some way of editing the file itself, especially editing the ui of homebrew. Is there any way of doing this?? I've searched for a while, and thought threads might be the best option. Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think elf is a Linux file format. You'll probably need the source code which you can usually find on github. Modify with visual studio code or visual studio.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not a Linux format but used by Linux: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format
Anyway, to answer the question: There is no easy solution. Your best bet would be to alter the source and recompile. If that's not possible you might need to inspect the homebrew (look what it does, look even deeper with Ghidra), rewrite the source and then alter that.
If you just want to exchange embedded graphics there might be simpler solutions but changing branding is considered a bad action so no help from my end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1