How do I install systemconfigtool on my WiiU

How do I install systemconfigtool on my WiiU

I want to install systemconfigtool no reason just want to look at what the dev tools can do I am on a US WiiU on the newest firmware, I Installed Tiramisu Following wiiu.hacks.guide/#/ .
do i just install the file here "system-config-tool-for-sysnand" wup installer? to SysNand or is it a bad idea to install it i know i wont break stuff with changing settings but is it just not a good idea to install it or what and if its not a bad idea do i just install it like i said??? Thanks in advanced

EDIT: also will this brick my system i found it on the same guys profiles on the archive.org "wii-u-kiosk-menu-for-sysnand"?

Last edited by osaka35,

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
IDK about the release you found, but I can assure that the version from iaqua in pastebin works well installed to the internal nand with wupinstaller. Can't post the link here.

WiFiStackSmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recommend the end user does this. It's not a toy and can brick your system pretty much irreversibly if you set the wrong configs. It was mainly released as a WUP to say "look, we got custom titles!" and for researchers.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was mainly released as a WUP to say "look, we got custom titles!" and for researchers.
No, it's a tool from developer consoles for experienced developers to tune the dev units to their needs. This is also why the OP was not allowed to link it: This is confidential Nintendo property, never released to the public. So in other words: Warez.

//EDIT: The high brick risk when using the wrong setting is true through. It allows very bad things, esp when used on a retail unit.

//EDIT²: Oh, now I get your words: Yea, it was (illegally) repacked for retail units for the reasons you stated. Sorry for the missunderstanding.

Reactions: Kopimist

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only used system config tool to install all of my games, and to backup saves. iirc, games can be anywhere when installing, so it's okay, I guess. it backs up more than just the save when backing up saves, including the icons and stuff. the build I have doesn't allow restoring saves though.

WiFiStackSmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's a tool from developer consoles for experienced developers to tune the dev units to their needs. This is also why the OP was not allowed to link it: This is confidential Nintendo property, never released to the public. So in other words: Warez.

//EDIT: The high brick risk when using the wrong setting is true through. It allows very bad things, esp when used on a retail unit.

//EDIT²: Oh, now I get your words: Yea, it was (illegally) repacked for retail units for the reasons you stated. Sorry for the missunderstanding.
What I was trying to say is, it was likely dumped from Nintendo Developer Portal and repacked/resigned to work with retail units, either to prove a point or just to leak something. If someone installs it because they think it's cool and they, for example, change the region settings to an invalid combination they'd probably render the console unbootable.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, the patched version allows you to delete the app while unpatched--it's considered a system title and can't be deleted. It's iirc a 4 byte change, that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1