Hacking How do I install cios v5/6?

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The threads only addressed what they were but I have no idea how to install them. I want to install the Backup Launcher by Wiigator.

QUOTE said:
just install waninkokos backup loader as normal and replace the dol or install the wad. Games still need to be patched. with the old or new patchers (maybe someone can compile it wink wink). You also need cios v5 or v6 (v6 is the one in the included source)

I already gone through many of the steps, I have the Wii Loader folder installed with the Backup Launcher dol set. I have DVDX ready to install but it won't give me the option for 249 (which I assume cios v6 will let me use). I'm not familiar how to use the 'custom' firmware either.

I searched again and I didn't see any explanation for this, sorry. D:

EDIT 1: I forgot to mention I haven't installed "CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042". It's in my WAD folder but the Wiigator launcher mentions v6, so the one I have right now is version 5. I haven't installed it since it's outdated....

oligore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is sort of off topic but is a non-wad version ever going to be released because I sort of broke my SD card reader can only load via the homebrew channel over wireless. I installed version v4 with the cIOS Clone Installer but I can't find one for 5 or 6.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone know the difference between CIOSv5 and CIOSv6?

I currently only have v5 installed, but i wonder if its worth to update...

or are they actually just the same, but installed through different methods?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a v6?
Is that another beta that comes with the backup loader? Because on waninkoko's site the latest version is still v4

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Is there a v6?
Is that another beta that comes with the backup loader? Because on waninkoko's site the latest version is still v4
The v6 is what the cIOS BackupLoader PatchMii installs.

It just downloads IOS36 from Nintendo's servers and adds the DIP Module.
Almost no difference, if I'm correct.

Elsin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with this installation, I can get the cios to load but at the screen where it says press A to continue it does nothing for me... I've held it down and smacked the wiimote around a couple of times and nothing happens... I'm seriously considering piledriving the wiimote...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.