Hacking How do i fix stack dump error when opening games somtimes?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wow. congratulations quantumscat You figured out how to inject your garbage into a thread without actually giving any advice. Lame. OP, you're still getting errors doing what?
What did you contribute by telling the OP to update when he had already done so?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you contribute by telling the OP to update when he had already done so?

I contributed more than waiting for someone to say something I deemed wrong just so I could jump all over them. Besides, I asked the OP several times what SM he was on. The response was in passing and I missed it sandwiched in between nothing posts. There should be a post somewhere on here about what information should be stated when asking a question. Oh, there is. Guess nobody reads anymore. I just figured the OP was noobish and that's O.K. so instead of asking him to explain everything about his setup, which should have been stated in the question(Hi, I have a N3ds on 11.5 with Luma 8 .1 etc etc) I just told him how to fix all possible problems that I could think of in order to get his issue resolved.

Two of my N3DS systems had this error until i updated the system menu, Luma and the *hax payload. I don't see the need to troll people about their responses. My spelling and punctuation suck from time to time as well. This is not my job, I'm just trying to help. So piss off troll.

OP it would be immensely helpful to know more about your situation. You could upload the dump files from Luma. Won't help me much but someone on here could look at it. Also did you update your hax payload? When are the errors occurring? Startup? When starting installed games? Homebrew? Are you sure you updated the system and luma properly? Not because you aren't capable, but because you MIGHT not be. I worked tech support for years and its usually the things you assume somebody did that are the culprit. Maybe it's the SD. Did you test the card? Maybe you should copy everything off the SD and format it and rebuild a clean fresh SD. It's easy. Just the starter pack and Luma needs to be there to boot. Then if that works you could slowly put things back on the card until you identify the problem?

Wasn't that more constructive than trolling?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we can like a post, why cant we not like someones post, some people should learn to read, the guy said hours ago that he followed your crappy advice and updated his system to 11.5 and still didn't fix the errors he was getting, how bout that, you aren't the smartest person in the world after all! READ

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If we can like a post, why cant we not like someones post, some people should learn to read, the guy said hours ago that he followed your crappy advice and updated his system to 11.5 and still didn't fix the errors he was getting, how bout that, you aren't the smartest person in the world after all! READ
Just put him on ignore.

Reactions: wicksand420

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ladies, how is telling someone to update bad advice on b9s? Its actually recommended. So what if i missed a post? At least i tried to help. And now the OP can rule out a few things, and it's better off updated. You two said nothing good. Can't you read, piss off. I bet you i could get it running error free. I've been around a while. OP, I would like more information. I don't mind helping.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it breaks a lot of different homebrews that may never be brought up to date, also, the error he is having may have been present in the game he was trying to play before, but luma didn't recognize it as a error until 8.0 and later, the guy probably isnt a dev, and doesn't need the handlers to be on anyway.

Last edited by wicksand420,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What broke. Everything been running smoothly for me. I have all the emulators set up and most of the useful homebrew. B9S broke things, Luma itself broke things, Rosalina, homebrew launcher blah blah blah. Anytime there is progress there is something left behind. He was having a bunch of stack dumps. Better to be able to use the 3ds. It's not bad practice to update the system menu. Need to eliminate all the variables that may be causing the error. OP some people have better luck with the Luma's legacy build..

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look man, i don't know what you want from people, he obviously took my advice and hasn't had any problems since. He hasn't come back on here to say anything, so pretty much this is all pointless.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is exactly happening? if you get an error when booting a game or are stuck at the 3ds boot screen, you need to update the seed, what game, games are you having a problem with?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously disabling the handler didn't work. What version b9s? When is the errors happening? What App/Game? Can you try setting up another SD real quick,just startup files, real quick to rule out the card? Upload the logs Luma generates? Try installing Luma using a PC? Maybe the installer mucked(probably not) Just ideas. I had this same type of issue and I fixed it by updating everything and copying everything off the SD, formatting the SD and copying it all back. Just trying to help.

Last edited by mikefor20,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously disabling the handler didn't work. What version b9s? When is the errors happening? What App/Game? Can you try setting up another SD real quick,just startup files, real quick to rule out the card? Upload the logs Luma generates? Try installing Luma using a PC? Maybe the installer mucked(probably not) Just ideas. I had this same type of issue and I fixed it by updating everything and copying everything off the SD, formatting the SD and copying it all back. Just trying to help.
b9s version is v1.2 if he's running Luma v8.1.1 since Luma v8.0+ requires b9s v1.2.

Bubbypop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesnt happen every time i get the odd error when either starting game.turning the 3ds off.it happens on every game or emulator

D

Deleted-351540

try copy format copy back. I would use panasonic sfd formatter on windows
Just stop, please. You aren't helping matters at all, although you are definitely trying. Kudos for that! (Seriously, no sarcasm involved.)

OP: This is a known issue with b9s and Luma8+. Please add your issue to the ticket found here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues/809

Be sure to be as descriptive as possible. Please try and replicate crashes. Please post all crash dumps found. The crash screen shown on the 3DS will tell you where on your SD card the crash dumps are located.

Thank you.

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted-351540

Ok thanks but it sounds like theres no solution to this? I dunno lol
There is no fix, for now. Posting a description of what you are doing when it happens and also posting the crash logs will help the developers figure out why it is happening. Be patient. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM