Homebrew Question How do I datamine/edit/replace game files?

TylerZM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So normally I'm a Wii U modder and the main thing I like to do is datamine/edit/replace game files or saves.
I wanted to get into Switch modding and I've successfully gotten Fusee Gelee working.
What would be the best way of doing this? I can't seem to find a thread explaining it.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So normally I'm a Wii U modder and the main thing I like to do is datamine/edit/replace game files or saves.
I wanted to get into Switch modding and I've successfully gotten Fusee Gelee working.
What would be the best way of doing this? I can't seem to find a thread explaining it.

First step would probably be trying to open XCIs as an archive.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how to do that, but it sounds fimiliar. I'll look into it and let you know if I get anything done.
unsure if you can dump games yet but you can find the roms and then use XCICutter for save export and import either use Checkpoint or Yallarenuts

TylerZM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure if you can dump games yet but you can find the roms and then use XCICutter for save export and import either use Checkpoint or Yallarenuts
I figured it was possible because a few Switch titles have been datamined and gamefiles have been uploaded, and I heard someone was model importing for Mario Odyssey. I'm not concerned about save editing just yet

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it was possible because a few Switch titles have been datamined and gamefiles have been uploaded, and I heard someone was model importing for Mario Odyssey. I'm not concerned about save editing just yet
cant import models no not yet you can dump them though

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the real question should be when can we mount games directly on the Switch so only specific files are dumped and then load patched versions of said specific files without having to dump and load a copy of the whole game's files on the SD card?
;)

TylerZM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the real question should be when can we mount games directly on the Switch so only specific files are dumped and then load patched versions of said specific files without having to dump and load a copy of the whole game's files on the SD card?
;)
I'm looking for something more like SDCafiine than like Loadiine.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for something more like SDCafiine than like Loadiine.
exactly

by mount games I meant mounting them so they are accessed like a set of file directories on the Switch where you look for specific files and copy them to a folder on the SD card for editing and modding purposes

I believe there was a similar tool on the 3DS that no longer works because of homebrew launcher updates and such but it did the same thing for 3DS games where it mounted them like a set of file directories which could have specific files targeted and dumped without dumping the entire game all at once.

Last edited by supermariorick,

TylerZM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best thing I would be looking for is essentially a Switch ver of ftpiiueverywhere. Not ftpd because thats only for SD files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up