ROM Hack How do I create functional custom 3DS banners?

Lufvave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello, I've been trying to make custom banners for use with NDS Forwarder, I used 3DS Banner Maker and tried following this and this guide as well as using the .exe provided with the tool, I can always succesfully create the required banner file which I then rename to romname.bin as per the instructions, however everytime I try to use it, it just doesn't work, no errors, nothing, it just shows the default DSi-style banner
I thought this was a problem with NDS Forwarder itself, but it's actually an error with the banner files, because downloading a pre-made custom banner works and it shows up fine

So now I am out of ideas about what to do, I can't test out other versions of Banner Maker, because this is the only version I found and any other download links seem to be completely dead and there seems to be no other tool for creating custom banners, so could someone point me in the right direction, please?

thanks

Reactions: PandaPandel

Lufvave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello, does anyone know of an alternative way to extract banner.bin files? Literally all versions of Hacking Toolkit on GitHub don't work for me

thanks

PandaPandel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been trying to make custom banners for use with NDS Forwarder, I used 3DS Banner Maker and tried following this and this guide as well as using the .exe provided with the tool, I can always succesfully create the required banner file which I then rename to romname.bin as per the instructions, however everytime I try to use it, it just doesn't work, no errors, nothing, it just shows the default DSi-style banner
I thought this was a problem with NDS Forwarder itself, but it's actually an error with the banner files, because downloading a pre-made custom banner works and it shows up fine

So now I am out of ideas about what to do, I can't test out other versions of Banner Maker, because this is the only version I found and any other download links seem to be completely dead and there seems to be no other tool for creating custom banners, so could someone point me in the right direction, please?

thanks
Did you ever figure this out? I am also very stuck. 3DS banner maker does not seem to put out a useable banner.bin or icon.bin file

Banner tool the link is gone and dead. I have no idea whats going on at this point with any of this. Did you have any luck?

SrMininez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever figure this out? I am also very stuck. 3DS banner maker does not seem to put out a useable banner.bin or icon.bin file

Banner tool the link is gone and dead. I have no idea whats going on at this point with any of this. Did you have any luck?
I actually did get this working!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-made-it-but-its-smol-custom-3d-banner.608563/post-9763297

I was working on a tutorial, but due to life I had to put it on pause, tho eventually, sooner than later I'll post it, it was done basically using files and apps from 2016 that are no longer available, those are specific selected versions, since I pretty much tried every version of anything that you could imagine, just keep around, till I have some time to post

Reactions: PandaPandel

PandaPandel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did get this working!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-made-it-but-its-smol-custom-3d-banner.608563/post-9763297

I was working on a tutorial, but due to life I had to put it on pause, tho eventually, sooner than later I'll post it, it was done basically using files and apps from 2016 that are no longer available, those are specific selected versions, since I pretty much tried every version of anything that you could imagine, just keep around, till I have some time to post
YOOOO!!!! Thats awesome you got it too work. Good looks!!! I'll standby, and look at what you posted.

Appreciate the reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol