How can I update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Skyline969, Apr 25, 2013.

Apr 25, 2013

How can I update? by Skyline969 at 12:52 AM (588 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    For starters, I have one of the newer Wiis that doesn't have GameCube support. I'm on an older version of firmware (I don't recall which one off the top of my head) but I want to update my system so that I can update my Netflix application and get the YouTube application on my console via the Shop Channel. I remember softmodding it through Letterbomb, and I have The Homebrew Channel installed, as well as several forwarders on my system menu to various homebrew applications. I'm not entirely sure what else I have installed, I used a guide that doesn't seem to be stickied anymore.

Anyway, my question is, can I just disable my Priiloader hacks and perform a normal system update, then re-hack it with Letterbomb? Or will that brick my console? Is the newest version of firmware hackable with Letterbomb, or is there a different way now?

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: It appears my system version is not outdated - it is 4.3U.

2. rdurbin

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    easiest way is to just use dop-mii (or similar program) to download the newest version of wii shop channel, than you can download all that stuff

http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/

if you want/need to upgrade firmware, you can do that as well with the program.

3. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I ended up grabbing NUS Downloader, chose to get the shopping channel relevant for my region, chose to pack it to a WAD, and off we went. I'm updating Netflix and getting YouTube as we speak.

4. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    easiest way to update is download modmii(a program for the pc) and choose the option that your wii is virgin and follow the guide it makes for you exactly done

modmii can get the shop channel and various other programs and wont brick your wii if you mess with something

Hielkenator likes this.