homebrew wont install via smashstack

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sacramento kings, Apr 24, 2014.

1. sacramento kings
    OP

sacramento kings Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    Im new to the forum and have been trying to search for an answer for my problem but couldnt find anything.
    I just got a refurb wii u from nintendo and am trying to install homebrew using the smashstack exploit in smash bros brawl.
    my system version is 4.1.0 U, I tried using a 512mb and 2gb SD card, not sdhc cards, FAT32 format

I tried following a couple of youtube videos exactly

but after I go throught the smash bros start screen without creating a save file, when I get to "the vault" on smash bros and insert the SD card, then click on "stagebuilder" its supposed to automatically start installing according to the youtube guides, but instead it says "there is no save file. unable to load or save data" the screen doesnt change, so I click + on the remote and it goes to the stage builder screen and instantly the whole wii freezes and I here a humming from the tv. I have to unplug the wii to get out of this screen. Im not sure what im doing wrong or what the problem is.
    I put the "private" folder from smashstack and booy.elf from hackmii installer v1.2.

Any help would be appreciated its very frustrating

2. demaker

demaker Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2012
    Greece
  3. sacramento kings
    OP

sacramento kings Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for the reply. I made sure not to insert the sd card untill after smash bros already started, I even tried inserting it before starting smash bros and both times I got the same result.

4. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Sometimes when I try smash stack the wii will freeze.

Try again a few times.

5. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    Do not insert the SD until you after you go to stage builder and delete all stages.

Exit stage builder, insert the SD and then enter stage builder.

CandraSoftware likes this.
  6. sacramento kings
    OP

sacramento kings Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    I got it working finally, appears I was supposed to create a save file when I first opened smash bros and I was hitting continue without saving.