Gengangsta25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I just bought a modded 2ds with homebrew, luma, free shop, and FBI. I tinkered with them but as I tried to open homebrew I received this: Failed to request the actual payload URL: 0xd8a0a03c

Luma also has a similar issue when launching and I can't open the Rosalina menu, free shop was able to download a demo of a certain game but crashed as I tried to download full games

I don't expect an answer for all of these problems but I would extremely appreciate any form of help, I genuinely want to learn how to fix this on my own, I tried to look up several sources online and on YouTube, but with no knowledge of how to claim what is needed and what needs to be fixed, I just don't want to break the device before I can fix one of these softwares. It would really mean a lot if someone can help me through the process of fixing this

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I just bought a modded 2ds with homebrew, luma, free shop, and FBI. I tinkered with them but as I tried to open homebrew I received this: Failed to request the actual payload URL: 0xd8a0a03c

Luma also has a similar issue when launching and I can't open the Rosalina menu, free shop was able to download a demo of a certain game but crashed as I tried to download full games

I don't expect an answer for all of these problems but I would extremely appreciate any form of help, I genuinely want to learn how to fix this on my own, I tried to look up several sources online and on YouTube, but with no knowledge of how to claim what is needed and what needs to be fixed, I just don't want to break the device before I can fix one of these softwares. It would really mean a lot if someone can help me through the process of fixing this
Rehack it with

https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html

Reactions: Gengangsta25

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello

Freeshop does not work since 2018. You should remove it.
Can't open Rosalina? Maybe your custom firmware is very old as well. This part of The Guide should help you to find out:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/checking-for-cfw

Buying pre-modded consoles is always a bit of a gamble.

About risking to brick the console: Not really any risks with B9S/Luma3DS/GodMode9. You would have to do stupid on purpose and ignore red warnings to break the software. Store a NAND backup in a secure location for the worst case.

Good luck and have fun!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you can't seem to fix anything by upgrading, try uninstalling the hacks and then reinstalling them.
Uninstalling CFW is not a solution for problems with the CFW. In the best case it doesn't help, in the worst case this causes new problems up to bricking the console.
Ironically the uninstall page of The Guide – which you linked here – already tells the reader this in a big red box.

Uninstall_CFW.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-