Homebrew not loading

ocnarf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I transferred homebrew data from a 1gb sd to a 16gb sd card , deleted a bootmini.elf file, then recopied it back from the copy_to _sd file in xflak from modmii, corrected the calendar and time, now the hbc channel won't load at all, How do I fix the loading issue?. bye

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I transferred homebrew data from a 1gb sd to a 16gb sd card , deleted a bootmini.elf file, then recopied it back from the copy_to _sd file in xflak from modmii, corrected the calendar and time, now the hbc channel won't load at all, How do I fix the loading issue?. bye
Hello,

16GO SD card ==> Format FAT32 (then install your applications)

ocnarf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do u mean the hbc won't load? It results in a blackscreen when starting the channel? Or your apps don't show up onscreen? If the latter, make sure the device is formatted as fat32
No apps are appearing just endless bubbles, I even retried using the original 1gb sd I started with, still no apps loaded. The 16gb sd is formatted as fat 32, no difference.

Last edited by ocnarf,

ocnarf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

Hello,

Does is make a difference if the 16gb sd is formatted fat32 on pc or using the gui formatter app?. Can I just copy from the original sd to the formatted fat32 new sd card?. Would reloading the modmii setup fix the issue or cause any problems?.

Last edited by ocnarf,

ocnarf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It shouldn't make a difference as long as it's fat32.

Assuming the original is set up properly, yes you can just copy and paste to the newly formatted fat32 sd card.

Using ModMii will never cause problems, only (potentially in this case) solve them :)
It made no difference, hbc won't load apps.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Do u have a fat32 USB you can try? Try hitting 1 or 2 from within the hbc to access the menu allowing u to switch between SD and usb apps. Can u still get bootmii to load? If so, it means something is seeing your sd card. What about the main system menu, when you insert your sd card does the SD card icon light up?

You could always try installing the open homebrew channel or the homebrew filter, but if it's not a software issue then it probably won't make a difference. You could also try using wiiload to send apps from your PC to the hbc via wifi, less than ideal, but thought I'd mention it none the less

Reactions: jeannotte

ocnarf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do u have a fat32 USB you can try? Try hitting 1 or 2 from within the hbc to access the menu allowing u to switch between SD and usb apps. Can u still get bootmii to load? If so, it means something is seeing your sd card. What about the main system menu, when you insert your sd card does the SD card icon light up?

You could always try installing the open homebrew channel or the homebrew filter, but if it's not a software issue then it probably won't make a difference. You could also try using wiiload to send apps from your PC to the hbc via wifi, less than ideal, but thought I'd mention it none the less
I do have a spare 16gb usb, bootmii won't load, standard selection when pressing 1/2, the sd icon lights up, I could try uneek or sneek if the $6 16gb woolies sd will work with it, I probably need a better sd card brand.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Maybe hardware failure? U didn't change anything significant that should prevent the SD card that was working before to stop working all of a sudden. It is strange though that both sd card and usb HDD won't load.... are you sure u didn't do anything else?

ocnarf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe hardware failure? U didn't change anything significant that should prevent the SD card that was working before to stop working all of a sudden. It is strange though that both sd card and usb HDD won't load.... are you sure u didn't do anything else?
No I didn't do anything else, maybe I can unistall hbc then retry modmii letterbomb again using sd/usb and cross my fingers for luck. I forgot to mention when I fixed the date and time, the original letterbomb disappeared, not sure if that helps.

Last edited by ocnarf,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No I didn't do anything else, maybe I can unistall hbc then retry modmii letterbomb again using sd/usb and cross my fingers for luck. I forgot to mention when I fixed the date and time, the original letterbomb disappeared, not sure if that helps.
Hello,

your SD cards are they not blocked in writing, see the small "lock" on the side of your SD card ??

Try to format your SD cards again, then reinstall your apps and test ??

are these real SD cards and not micro SD?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Things to consider when using SD cards on Wii:
  • Use the regular SD format (normal size SD card) and not miniSD nor microSD with SD adapters (they rarely work)
  • These SD cards must be formatted as FAT32
  • SDHC cards (size of +2GB to max 32 GB) and SDXC cards (size of +32 GB to max 2TB) are not supported by most homebrew apps. Go for the regular SD instead (max 2GB, not more).
  • The lock switch MUST be set to "unlocked"
  • The homebrew apps folders must be copied in the apps folder in the root of your SD card (sd:/apps/)
  • In Homebrew Channel, make sure the device you selected for load HBC apps is "SD" (if using USB, then the setting to use is "USB")
Hope this helps ;)

ocnarf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

your SD cards are they not blocked in writing, see the small "lock" on the side of your SD card ??

Try to format your SD cards again, then reinstall your apps and test ??

are these real SD cards and not micro SD?
I have formatted both sd cards and retried the copy to sd file and reinstalled, it made no difference in my original (faulty drive), one is amicroe the other is elite pro, they are real sd cards. I know about the lock switch, forward to unlock, back to lock. I can try the internet method, even the 2nd hand wii (working drive) doesn't show the letterbomb. My friend uses a 32gb micro sd with an adapter and he had no issues, it's still working, it's pure luck sometimes.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That 2nd hand wii not showing letterbomb may not mean it's not detecting the SD card. Each letterbomb is constructed uniquely per console, so if you copied the letterbomb used on one console to try and use on another console, it won't work, and has nothing to do with the SD card being detected. Also, there are other exploits you can use besides letterbomb if need be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1