Homebrew Broswer: Read error -6 occured problem. Please, HELP!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by eraser400, Sep 25, 2012.

1. eraser400
    OP

eraser400 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2012
    Canada
    Hi,

So two days ago I wanted to use the homebrew browser. So I updated it and then I and I kept on getting this message:

"Requesting repositories list... Read Error -6 occurred. Retrying...
    Read Error -6 occurred. Retrying...
    Read Error -6 occurred. Retrying..." and just keeps on going. I deleted and reinstalled several times and it just keeps on happening. i even got deleted the temp folder to see if it would fix it but it didn't.

Also, it says "Requesting IP address of _________________...Failed, using stored IP address" and the it proceeds to the above "repositories message...

How do I fix this? PLEASE HELP!

*Also I got it to work (before I updated it) UNupdated and i wasn't able to click on the "Emulators" section.. Why wasn't it working? That's why i initially updated it....

Thanks.

2. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    1) You can't click on the Emulators section because there's nothing in it. Likely a non-standard repository was enabled.
    2) Have you tried deleting the Homebrew Browser's config files?
    3) If 2) fails, use the Panasonic SD Formatter and just put a fresh HBB on.

3. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    United States
    CA
  4. eraser400
    OP

eraser400 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2012
    Canada
    Alright thanks, but do I replace the existing boot.dol in the hombrew_broswer folder with this one? Or do I reinstall it with this as the new boot.dol?

5. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    United States
    CA
    Just replace the existing one with that

1 person likes this.
  6. eraser400
    OP

eraser400 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2012
    Canada
    Alright, well I replaced the existing boot.dol with the one from your source and I skipped the option to update knowing it would just give me the "read error -6" again. So I pressed B to skip it and it went to extract the image files. After it finished, it gave me a "(DSI)" and two "Dump" errors. So I restarted the Wii, loaded the HBB and it worked, and the emulator tab worked!!!

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice