Hiya all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jondi, Sep 17, 2008.

Sep 17, 2008

Hiya all by jondi at 10:25 PM (898 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jondi
    OP

Newcomer jondi Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone, Brand new to this. I just purchased a r4 with microsd card with 60 games on for my son for his ds. Having just browsed through the forum, alot of people don't rate R4 very well.
    The thing is, i didn't know what a R4 card was this morning or how you can get multi games on one cartridge. Having saved the games onto my pc just incase of loss, would this microsd be able to slot into other cards eg Acekard or cyclods and be used the same way or is there software to put onto the sd card first.

Inrustions very welcome on what to do and to purchase a better card cartridge and whatever is needed to start.

Cheers all

2. matrix121391

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Edit as fast as you can! People might flame you for getting an R4 because frankly, it's out of date (but apparently you knew that). The MicroSD would work fine with other cards, so don't worry about that. But anyway, I would like to welcome you to the forums. Enjoy your stay!

3. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    Well as of now DSTT has great support and is sold for only $13 at www.DealExtreme.com

And FYI, You need use the software on the micro-sd provided by the maker of that flashcard.

(Nothing really wrong with the R4, so you don't have to go rushing off to buy another one just yet)

4. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    ...people don't flame at every sight of the R4, they flame people who claim R4 is the best.
    The microSD will still work for another cart, you just need different firmware on it.
    Cyclo, Acekard ect are called Flash Cards.
    Flash Cards work by having a microSD inserted that contains the firmware files.
    You can download each card's firmware from the official sites, and then the games from the card or ones you can download on certain sites will work on the new flash card.

Note : Don't ask for ROMsite links. You'll get banned and they're easy to find on your own.

You probably knew some/most of this already, but all I can do.

5. jondi
    OP

Newcomer jondi Newbie

United Kingdom

I purchased an acekard and and loaded the firmware, got it sussed now, cheers all