Hiya all

jondi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone, Brand new to this. I just purchased a r4 with microsd card with 60 games on for my son for his ds. Having just browsed through the forum, alot of people don't rate R4 very well.
The thing is, i didn't know what a R4 card was this morning or how you can get multi games on one cartridge. Having saved the games onto my pc just incase of loss, would this microsd be able to slot into other cards eg Acekard or cyclods and be used the same way or is there software to put onto the sd card first.

Inrustions very welcome on what to do and to purchase a better card cartridge and whatever is needed to start.

Cheers all

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edit as fast as you can! People might flame you for getting an R4 because frankly, it's out of date (but apparently you knew that). The MicroSD would work fine with other cards, so don't worry about that. But anyway, I would like to welcome you to the forums. Enjoy your stay!

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well as of now DSTT has great support and is sold for only $13 at www.DealExtreme.com

And FYI, You need use the software on the micro-sd provided by the maker of that flashcard.

(Nothing really wrong with the R4, so you don't have to go rushing off to buy another one just yet)

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matrix121391 said:
Edit as fast as you can! People might flame you for getting an R4 because frankly, it's out of date (but apparently you knew that). The MicroSD would work fine with other cards, so don't worry about that. But anyway, I would like to welcome you to the forums. Enjoy your stay!
...people don't flame at every sight of the R4, they flame people who claim R4 is the best.
The microSD will still work for another cart, you just need different firmware on it.
Cyclo, Acekard ect are called Flash Cards.
Flash Cards work by having a microSD inserted that contains the firmware files.
You can download each card's firmware from the official sites, and then the games from the card or ones you can download on certain sites will work on the new flash card.

Note : Don't ask for ROMsite links. You'll get banned and they're easy to find on your own.

You probably knew some/most of this already, but all I can do.

jondi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gore said:
matrix121391 said:
...people don't flame at every sight of the R4, they flame people who claim R4 is the best.
The microSD will still work for another cart, you just need different firmware on it.
Cyclo, Acekard ect are called Flash Cards.
Flash Cards work by having a microSD inserted that contains the firmware files.
You can download each card's firmware from the official sites, and then the games from the card or ones you can download on certain sites will work on the new flash card.

Note : Don't ask for ROMsite links. You'll get banned and they're easy to find on your own.

You probably knew some/most of this already, but all I can do.

I purchased an acekard and and loaded the firmware, got it sussed now, cheers all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny