Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not specifically consoles, but all sorts of mobile phones. It's called a recovery mode, and that would never have been discovered if the 3DS wasn't already completely cracked open.

Edit: Actually, the PS3 does have such a feature as well. Won't save it from most bricks, but it exists.
Doesn’t recovery mode just factory reset the device? I know that there is nothing like that on IOS but I could see that on Android. It would make sense on Android because you are allowed a lot more customization when it comes to the firmware and what you are allowed to run on it.

Does the ps3 boot any disk without security checks?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn’t recovery mode just factory reset the device? I know that there is nothing like that on IOS but I could see that on Android. It would make sense on Android because you are allowed a lot more customization when it comes to the firmware and what you are allowed to run on it.

Does the ps3 boot any disk without security checks?
i dont know about ps3, but when i had a ps4, i could read burned BD of movies/tvshow on it, I never tryed with a burned BD with a game on it though, I guessed it would be useless because there are surely some kind of protection that prevent this in ps4 and that i would waste a blank BD

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know about ps3, but when i had a ps4, i could read burned BD of movies/tvshow on it, I never tryed with a burned BD with a game on it though, I guessed it would be useless because there are surely some kind of protection that prevent this in ps4 and that i would waste a blank BD
Actually you could hack the PS3 using a custom recovery mode for an Android phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s