Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: I'm already aware of the Lua interperter Rhinne (I hope I spelled their name right) made, so I might start with Lua if I don't decide on something else
Lua is nice and easy to learn. Elsewhere I would chose ANSI/ISO-C but you can first learn Lua and than C.
C is more complex but very usefull. It has its quirks you need to get around with.
The Lua syntax is based on the syntax from C.

+1 for Lua for beginners
+1 for C if you directly want to have something you can need pretty much always.

Last edited by VitaType,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can always try to get in touch with the people that run these websites and they might like the idea.
xxx, xxx, xxx

Urgh, why no warning... Do you think it's common knowledge to know what that is? :wacko:
I excpected manga and anime stuff, not that...

Edit: Thanks for adding the warning

Last edited by VitaType,

ethentianknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how far dead it is, but the Halo Solitude (Quake mod) homebrew released for PSP back in the day was really fun, and would be amazing with two analog sticks calibrated for it.
I'm aware that we have Quake up and running, but I don't have the know-how on modding that build or what files I would need to get.

Reactions: Venom Intellect

Venom Intellect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how far dead it is, but the Halo Solitude (Quake mod) homebrew released for PSP back in the day was really fun, and would be amazing with two analog sticks calibrated for it.
I'm aware that we have Quake up and running, but I don't have the know-how on modding that build or what files I would need to get.
Maybe @Rinnegatamante will add mod support in the future for Vita Quake.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about OpenMW? It's an open source port of the Morrowind engine. Someone requested on /r/vitahacks on Reddit so I thought I'd spread the word since I'm interested as well. Also, anyone know about the progress of porting OpenGL?

ethentianknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.
I know this isn't adding anything helpful to the conversation, but I'm super pumped to see super mario war return to the portable systems. After losing the 1.5 kernel, nobody released an official update to let the new psps run it, and vita support with multiplayer would be just great.

ethentianknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears that the Halo Solitude bit was a modified Kurok port, which means if someone can get Kurok up and running on vita we can likely replace map files.
Kurok is a quake mod developed mainly for the psp, so I suppose a request to port that may be the way to go.
I need an expert to point out whether the quake vita setup can be modified to accommodate for it or if the kurok homebrew needs to be pulled and ported.

HarbingerSpeaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to port Trophyisgood, Bruteforce, Kodi, Spoofer and VPN such as Betternet?

A game I would like ported is Dungeon Defenders. I know no one has thought of it before or has heard of it, but it's a great game. I think it would be perfect for the Vita.

Also does anyone know how I'm suppose to install VHBL without a PSP demo since I don't have access to the PSN store due to the latest update. I already have molecularShell and VitaShell0.7 so far.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Would it be possible to port Trophyisgood, Bruteforce, Kodi, Spoofer and VPN such as Betternet?

A game I would like ported is Dungeon Defenders. I know no one has thought of it before or has heard of it, but it's a great game. I think it would be perfect for the Vita.

Also does anyone know how I'm suppose to install VHBL without a PSP demo since I don't have access to the PSN store due to the latest update. I already have molecularShell and VitaShell0.7 so far.
Get Vita Update Blocker. It won't work for long, but it does for now.

Reactions: HarbingerSpeaks

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: HarbingerSpeaks

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Venom Intellect:
- Regarding Quake 1: Mods SHOULD work on that version. But in order for it to work, you need a cmdline file with the -game [Name of folder with mod]
(For instance, it could look like this: -listen 8 -game HALO (Assuming the folder is named HALO).
- Regarding Quake 2: Unfortunately, each mod would need to be compiled to work on Vita. Most mods are Windows based. Some have sources others don't...
- Regarding Quake 3: I forgot to mention in this thread that the source for the PSP version is also available courtesy of Crow_Bar here: bladebattles.com/Quake3PSP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT