Hacking Help!

EthanHunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, my nephew has a Switch with Sx pro. I don't know what happened but the console no longer loads the Sx os, it remains black screen ... I have also tried with the RCMLoader and the other os but nothing. and the original games work ... Can you help me?

Reactions: NoNAND

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me guess, can you 'launch' SX but it goes black immediately thereafter?
were you using emunand?
can you still hold down vol+ to enter SX bootmenu (where rcm/backup/emunand options are available)?

if thats the case you very likely need to reformat your SD card and start over. happened to me recently.
theres a plague of some kind of instability that results with this. it begs the question whether SX emunand creation is as stable as manual partitioning with a tried and true program like gparted.

it sucks, its practically a waste of a day if you had many games installed on a large sd card, but that should be the solution to your problem, at least.

Reactions: NoNAND

EthanHunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The console have 8.1.0,I tried all the ways, I formatted the sd and pressed the power button for 15 seconds to turn it off completely but nothing ... I think he entered the sx os menu and touched something...

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Are you sure he did not update his console by mistake?
Tried formatting your SD card and starting all over again?
How about switching to another CFW just to confirm whether your switch can boot or not.
can you give us more details about your fuse count (check it via hekate)

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you not have a nand backup? can you boot into ofw? try that using hekate.
if you did update to 9.0 somehow, you should be able to enter cfw again soon, you'll have to wait for TX/SX to update though.

i don't recommend trying to boot into ofw without hekate (or maybe using the option in SX menu?)
you would need to remove autorcm to do this anyway.

i hope you have a backup.
if you do not, you should make a full one using hekate preferably, follow a thorough guide here. boot 0/1 & rawnand backup.
you can fall back on this if you do go experimenting with resets and should be able to restore to this point without issue.

you'll get it working again.

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad to hear it.
in the event that happens again, note that disabling RCM mode could be dangerous to boot into OFW , IF:
you have updated your firmware beyond your fuse count on a non-emunand setup (doing so would burn your fuses) AND care about preserving those fuses.

of course there arent major consequences to doing this, but some still wait for a true cold boot, and as a general rule with hackable consoles its always best to stay on lowest fw possible especially if your original fw is around the <=4.1 area.

if you set up an emunand immediately when using cfw, or after restoring your oldest backup, you should try not to burn your fuses if you care about such things.
if you are someone who set up emunand to keep your sysnand clean and online one day, you can make another emunand, which there are guides for, or keep a separate sd card for this purpose, so you can have the best of all worlds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands