Johnnycentral1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all

I just bought a new bigger SD card for my 3DS, and want to buy one for my Modded Wii as well.

Anyone have any suggestions for the one for the Wii?

The one I just bought to mod my 3ds XL is a sandisk 128GB microsdxc

Is there any do's or don'ts for the Wii? I hacked my wii such a long time ago I really forgot all the specifics. I have Homebrew on it and all the other apps, but want to add some gamecube games to my SD card but there wasn't enough space which is why I am upgrading. Anyone help me out? Thanks!

Deleted member 397813

Global Dingus
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on the SD card. If you are buying an SDHC card, (32 GB or under,) then go nuts.

SDXC, (64 GB and above,) You're going to have to find a way to format the SD card to FAT32.
But besides that, go nuts

Johnnycentral1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the SD card. If you are buying an SDHC card, (32 GB or under,) then go nuts.

SDXC, (64 GB and above,) You're going to have to find a way to format the SD card to FAT32.
But besides that, go nuts
Hi! Thanks. What do you suggest for a wii? SDHC or SDXC?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, there are some (read:very few) games on the Wii that need a 2GB card or less for some features. Maybe replays in Smash? Can't recall entirely.

So, for maximum compatibility, you should go 2GB. But that is ridiculously small for a modded system.

c5wagner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my wii I use a 2gb sd card and a 650gb hdd combo for homebrew and ripped games, for my wii u I use only a 256 gb sdxc card. Minitool partition wizard does a good job at formatting whatever storage into whatever format you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free