[HELP] Yo-kai Sangokushi LINKDATA_A.BIN extraction?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by NeonToaster, Nov 4, 2018.

1. NeonToaster
    OP

NeonToaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2018
    United States
    Indiana
    A friend and I have been trying to extract files from the main archive for Yo-kai Sangokushi for Nintendo 3DS.

Having worked with the archives from Yo-kai Watch Busters and Busters 2 before, Sangokushi is not at all similar (obviously because Sangokushi isn't developed by Level-5).
    LINKDATA_A.BIN is what I'm really trying to get into. Karameru doesn't support the format (I put in a support ticket but someone already beat me to it a year prior), I've tried using a QuickBMS script to extract stuff and it didn't work (everything was corrupted/unusable).

I'm really at a loss for what I would need to do to get into this file. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

2. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Someone could probably help you out here https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3415 and provide you with a bms script that'll work for this games files...just provide them with the linkdata.bin you need help with cause they won't create a bms script if you got nothing to show

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

NeonToaster likes this.
  3. NeonToaster
    OP

NeonToaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2018
    United States
    Indiana
    I'll give this a shot. Thanks! :)

4. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    No problema m8

5. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Did u get in contact with anyone that could help you out at the site I linked?

6. NeonToaster
    OP

NeonToaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2018
    United States
    Indiana
    Someone replied and gave me a few scripts to use, but none of them worked.
    A friend of mine is helping me out with this and we're working on it now, so I'm hopeful we can get into it.
    It's likely that none of the BMS scripts for Koei Tecmo games available online will work for Sangokushi as most of them will look for data in the wrong places and pull out broken files.

DarkSynopsis likes this.
  7. NeonToaster
    OP

NeonToaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2018
    United States
    Indiana
    Update: The someone who first replied ended up writing a script specifically for Sangokushi so now we have all of the files. Now here comes the fun part: figuring out what is what and editing it + repacking. Fun stuff >.>

ExData7 likes this.
  8. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Nice!!! That's great news. Wish u luck on this project m8